The Time Traveler's Wife ~ pages 303 - 410

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
knightss
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Time Traveler's Wife ~ pages 303 - 410

Post by knightss »

So, Henry and Clare have a child with CDP. Little Alba. I'm curious myself, from a female perspective, how many attempts at conceiving a child do you take? I don't think i'd be able to bear that very long as a husband. I'd probably call it quits after 2-3 miscarriages.

I thought that the way Clare became pregnant was genius. For some reason i didn't see that one coming but once it happened i said to myself "of course!"

The Secret: I think everyone feels this way about relationships, i know i do. Everyone needs space and Clare is only human (even if she is fictional)

Any thoughts on how Henry may pass away yet?
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
Meggs

Post by Meggs »

Yeah I thought it was really genius too!

I wouldn't be able to take it either, 2-3 as well, from a female perspective.
CassieXO

Post by CassieXO »

So it has been awhile since I have been on this site, but I LOVE this book and am so excited that it is the book of the month.
I am going to wait until everyone else finishes before I say my imput because I don't want to imply the ending at alll !!

:)
JFletch

Post by JFletch »

I too loved this book. I had heard they were making it into a movie. Could just be rumors though.

Enjoy it!
Litgen

Post by Litgen »

I haven't read this book, but after you feedback I'd certainly do this!!
sjenkins

Post by sjenkins »

JFletch wrote:I too loved this book. I had heard they were making it into a movie. Could just be rumors though.

Enjoy it!
Movies?? Really.. I hope so that would be awesome.

They been on a roll turning books into movies... so who knows..
Valerie09

Post by Valerie09 »

It would be great if they could make this book into a movie. I'd certainly watch it.
werlecar

Post by werlecar »

So glad to find other fans of this story. Not sure if everyone has finished, I got this book as a present and couldn't put it down. Some parts I almost closed my eyes at imagining the scene going on.
Others were bittersweet and I wished this story had continued past the story's end.

Interested to read others comments.
atrixa

Post by atrixa »

Valerie09 wrote:It would be great if they could make this book into a movie. I'd certainly watch it.
I think it has actually been made, but hasn't been released for some reason.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

This book is one of those I need to read again. It took me about 50-75 pages to get hooked, and then I couldn't put it down. I have since lent it to a friend, so she can experience it too.

I can't put my finger on it, but the book was just so different. It was a wonderful love story but deeper than that. I love how he never really tells anybody what's going to happen in the future, even though he knows (there were a few exceptions to this, which I thought were tastefully done, especially telling his friend with AIDS (?) that he was alive in the following year). That would be the hardest part for me.

I wish they had delved a little more into Henry and how he felt about the whole thing. I mean, you know somewhat that he's annoyed and yet fascinated by his unique ability but it had to really f*ck with his head, and other than close friends/family he couldn't really discuss with anybody because who would believe him, unless they saw him?

I don't know, I feel like I'm dancing around what I'm trying to say but as I don't know what that is, I'll just leave it there. This is an awesome book, and one I will definitely read again. Don't think I'll see the movie though. The book was so good, I'd be afraid the movie will screw up my memory of it.
hania5

Post by hania5 »

This is one of my favourite books, and I can't imagine how they could do it justice in a movie, it is far too complicated. But my curioisity is definitely itching to see it... I am still undecided. Has anyone seen it yet?
Jay-lee

Post by Jay-lee »

Mmm such such a beautiful book! Ilove it. I know the film came out a while ago in England but it hasn't come out in the rest of europe for yet. But it is coming out here on friday, can't wait! I love both actors who play leading oles too, so so good.
princessp

Post by princessp »

YEAH, its a great book! It would be great if they could make this book into a movie. I'd certainly watch it.
awelker

Post by awelker »

They did turn it into a movie, and I have to say it wasn't that bad. I think they did an exceptional job sticking to the plot line and to the over all book. I would recommend it to anyone.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
Bucky2010

Post by Bucky2010 »

I'm reading the book for the second time around and I still love it. The first time I read it, I didn't go in expecting much. I usually don't read romance-fiction but I figured I'd give the book a try. I ended up not being able to put the book down and it's just as good the second time around.

I also can't believe that this is Niffeneger's first book. I'm excited for her to publish others in the future.

Return to “Book of the month”