June - The Time Traveler's Wife

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
Denysaputra
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Denysaputra »

Hi, yes i think so.
Kezz22

Post by Kezz22 »

Read this book last year, someone recommended it to me and I had no idea what it was about. I loved it! I could not put it down. I did think it was a little unrealistic but it was so well written and emotive that you look past that and are taken along on the ride! Saw the movie when it came out and while it was good it was not as convincing as the book.
I would recommend this book and give it a 7/10 rating
Cowboy14

Post by Cowboy14 »

i will buy it ,......
Last edited by Cowboy14 on 02 Jul 2011, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
Alicia Allen

Post by Alicia Allen »

Time Traveler's Wife is one of the best books I read in my life. I like its unique concept and structure.
printing.host

Post by printing.host »

This is really a cool Book, i specially purchase to read i like this book.
Discountcode46

Post by Discountcode46 »

The traveler is really nice book can any one suggest website for finding pdf for this book
JohnMcrin

Post by JohnMcrin »

Also another fan of this book. It's definitely in my top 5 books.

I'll need to read it again before discussing it. I definitely can't wait to see the movie!

Regards
John
sticker printing
Sumith

Post by Sumith »

I read it, Good one..
Johnbrowse

Post by Johnbrowse »

Thank you very much for sharing. Definitely solved my problem.
myckofmia

Post by myckofmia »

This is a very nice book.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Personally I thought this book was the biggest mash-up I've ever read. It was an ordinary romance with the added incredulity of a rare genetic disorder which makes Henry disappear (travel in time) while his long-suffering girlfriend Clare has to wait until their ages match up before they can get married.

Even then he crashes back and forth age-wise at the whim of Niffenegger to explore another concept which took her fancy at the time of writing. For example, she added commonplace plot devices whenever the storyline lulled, like a friend's suicide, pregnancy troubles, father issues, love triangle. Or making naked Henry land in yet another sticky situation. To top it all off, she holds the characters at arms length and there is no warmth or likeability to them.

Maybe I'm too sceptical but I believe there are a lot better off-the-wall concept books out there.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
moi_papillon

Post by moi_papillon »

Heard it's really good
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

I thought Niffenegger presented a superbly novel approach to the "time travel" aspects of the book and I felt that, for the most part, the logic of the time travel premise holds up well. There are minor issues which others have mentioned but given the challenges of writing about time travel I think the author did about as well as can possibly be expected.

My main complaints are with regard to the overly long digressions involving wine & cuisine, art, pregnancy issues ect. They smacked of filler rather than necessary information which was in any way pertinent to the story. A little of this would be OK but Niffenegger often dragged these things out to the point where I wanted to say, "Enough already! Get on with the story." This having been said, I would (and have) still recommend the book. It was, overall, a good story and a very original take on the time travel theme.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
jayceeme2010

Post by jayceeme2010 »

I haven't watch this movie yet
nancyfee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancyfee.html

Post by nancyfee »

Sofia wrote:I guess it's only me then :?
same for me

Return to “Book of the month”