Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves
. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 02 May 2014, 05:42
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arsethuon.html
I read this book last year, it was one of the books I had to read for school and I never thought it can be a nice one. It's not very interesting to read, but it has a real story that amazed me. It's hard to understand because being indifferent about everything in your life, even for mother's death or killing, is not very understandable for normal people. Even in prison he was so indifferent that he didn't care about anything, he was just feeling more bored than in the normal times when he was free, he just never felt alive. On the end was the first time he felt like a human being and alive, but it was too late to change the past - this is actually what we all feel when consequences of our deeds come to us, but we don't always pay them with our lives. I suppose this is what this book was about, because I don't think someone can be sentenced to death for being indifferent on a funeral and for killing a single human.
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 10 May 2015, 21:29
- Bookshelf Size: 65
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avid-reader28.html
The stranger by Albert Camus is one of my favorite books, I read it from an early age and several times after that, I still enjoy it every time
- Posts: 607
- Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 19:44
- Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
- Favorite Book: Picture of Dorian Gray
- Currently Reading: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
- Bookshelf Size: 22
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obiebookworm.html
- Latest Review: "The Little Ladybug" by Amelia May
- fav_author_id: 1778
It's a classic!
Latest Review: "The Little Ladybug" by Amelia May