Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves
. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
- Posts: 363
- Joined: 24 Sep 2013, 19:41
- Currently Reading: Freedom
- Bookshelf Size: 24
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amheiser.html
- Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel
I thought this was a very interesting story. I read it because I was interested in looking at the oz characters from a different perspective and learn how they came to be who they were. I haven't seen the musical but I hope to be able to soon. If the musical is as good as I've read in these posts, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 15 Oct 2016, 19:16
- Bookshelf Size: 98
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjnessie-33.html
- Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
I absolutly love the book. It's a work of art. It's my all time favourite book. I hate the wizard of oz but Wicked has made me rethink everything. Gregory Maguire made me fall in love with Elphaba (the wicked witch of the west). He put a new spin on a classic tail and its not the kinda thing you read and never touch again. I saw the musical and I am so excited for it to come out on dvd. I just hope Disney doesn't ruin it.