Official Review: Immediacy by Fred Emil Katz

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Titus Michael
Currently Reading: River's Remorse
Bookshelf Size: 47

Re: Featured Review: Immediacy by Fred Emil Katz

Post by Titus Michael »

I honestly and completely agree with you Nina Butler. Typographical errors in a book can make readers find a really hard time reading it and which brings about difficulty in understanding and obstruction of flow of the book, unless it is professionally edited. I would recommend a 2 star to the book. Nice review.
myplatter
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by myplatter »

Unique review you have there.
LadyClaire
Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyclaire.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LadyClaire »

wow! I usually enjoy books with thought provoking themes and intriguing plots. Thanks for the review, shelle.
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Sgatev23
Currently Reading: The Interpretation of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sgatev23.html
Latest Review: "Searching For Paradise" by T.L.Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sgatev23 »

Hi Shelle,

That is a good and well-thought review. It's really admirable that you have noted the appropriate audience for that book. It is often we reviewers are too focused to look at it solely from our own perspective.

The book itself seems like a read I'd enjoy, though, despite the fact I'm studying neither sociology nor psychology. Themes of "transcendence, morality, duality and autonomy" are always captivating and worth pondering. From the title it seems, however, that the book is written more as 'manual' than a research-based narrative. Is that the case?
Latest Review: "Searching For Paradise" by T.L.Hughes
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Post by EmunahAn »

The book sounds as one out of the ordinary. The kind of book that helps you dig deeper within yourself. Will be grabbing a copy soon for myself
Jackie Dar
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jackie Dar »

I never thought human psychology would interest me. I read page after page and felt like Fred Emil should continue bulging the book size. I shed tears learning the loss of his family members.
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

I think its one of a kind but it sounds like a heavy read. I prefer something light.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

I like having a go at books with such intense subject matter. A good book can sometimes turn your whole perspective upside down. I look forward to finding out what this book has to offer.
derekkirima
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by derekkirima »

I salute the author for the great amount of research he has put into this book but a little disappointed by the professional errors at the editing. It's good that you noted the well written subject matter and the interesting examples. It's also worth noting how the author lost family members in the holocaust, his honesty and vulnerability makes the examples real and not easily forgotten. It's important for us to join the author in questioning the moral progress of the human race and wonder together if any has truly been made. Although the book was tough to read, it's good you liked it. Thanks for the good and honest review.
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

Thanks for your review. This one sounds like a difficult read but it is necessary to tell this difficult stories if we are ever to learn and grow as a human race. I hope it gets some editing to live up to the quality of the rest of the book.
peace starts with a smile...
betocj23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by betocj23 »

One of the worst problems that we have in the world is the religion. Many washed brains have killed millions of inocent people in the history, and all of this in the name of God. I'm not trying to start a polemic war here, it's just what I thought when I read your review.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

This book is for me! I am huge on the psycho-social factors which shape individuals to act and behave in certain ways. This book's themes of transcendency, morality, duality and autonomy may give insights into human's insatiable appetite for evil.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
AgentJay
Currently Reading: Chiaroscuro - The Mouse and the Candle
Bookshelf Size: 1492

Post by AgentJay »

This is the first book which has piqued my interest mainly because of the bridging between the Holocaust and the psychology of people going through it. I've always wondered what will be the larger picture, general impact on human behaviour for the generations to come.
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte R&oslash;ddik

Post by Yoli García »

Immediacy sounds like an intense academic book. As a historian, I have read, studied, and researched humanity's great achievements and terrible atrocities. I have always wondered how humans collectively do horrible things like genocides. Seems like this book tries to answer that question. Too bad it seems it was not professionally edited.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”