Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Tammy

Post by bookowlie »

I agree! Both Tammy and Jerry were being used as a crutch of sorts until someone better came along for Reed and Ruby, respectively.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Christinar81
Favorite Author: Too hard to pick one
Currently Reading: Barracuda
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinar81.html
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon

Post by Christinar81 »

I didn't feel bad for Tammy at all. Tammy knew what she was getting into. She was with Reed for the attention. I don't feel that she was in love with Reed at all. He was more of a possession to her.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Christinar81 wrote:I didn't feel bad for Tammy at all. Tammy knew what she was getting into. She was with Reed for the attention. I don't feel that she was in love with Reed at all. He was more of a possession to her.
I found the topic of Tammy the most interesting part of this book discussion. I didn't consider her a major character, but it's funny how all of us had such different opinions about her. Some of the members would agree with you that Tammy just wanted Reed as a "trophy boyfriend." I thought she was insecure and jealous of Ruby popping onto the scene and having the two guys vying for her affections. I thought she really liked Reed and wished he would feel the same in return. I think her little comments to Ruby came out of her insecurity.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Is there much difference between Tammy and Jerry, or Reed and Ruby? Assuming the game was real? Tammy appears to not believe Reed doesn't care for her, which might be the case, but in that case, why play her? It's disrespectful - why waste time with someone you don't want, like, or respect? As Tammy only expected what she perceived he wanted based on his actions (this is likely similar to some men's defense in rape cases), he really has no room to claim that the only reason he was such a player is because she expected him to be that way so she somehow forced him. It reminds me of Taylor Swift's song, "Look What You Made Me Do" only, Reed would be the whiner in this case.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “"Ruby's Choice" by by D.F. Jones”