Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » "Ruby's Choice" by by D.F. Jones

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Tammy

Discuss the November 2015 book of the month, Ruby's Choice by D.F. Jones

Re: Tammy

Post Number:#16 by bookowlie
» 20 Dec 2015, 09:39

I agree! Both Tammy and Jerry were being used as a crutch of sorts until someone better came along for Reed and Ruby, respectively.
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader

Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 76%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by Christinar81
» 29 Dec 2015, 17:07

I didn't feel bad for Tammy at all. Tammy knew what she was getting into. She was with Reed for the attention. I don't feel that she was in love with Reed at all. He was more of a possession to her.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West
Christinar81's Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon
Christinar81

Favorite Author: Too hard to pick one
Currently Reading: Barracuda
Bookshelf Size: 105 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#18 by bookowlie
» 02 Jan 2016, 20:06

Christinar81 wrote:I didn't feel bad for Tammy at all. Tammy knew what she was getting into. She was with Reed for the attention. I don't feel that she was in love with Reed at all. He was more of a possession to her.

I found the topic of Tammy the most interesting part of this book discussion. I didn't consider her a major character, but it's funny how all of us had such different opinions about her. Some of the members would agree with you that Tammy just wanted Reed as a "trophy boyfriend." I thought she was insecure and jealous of Ruby popping onto the scene and having the two guys vying for her affections. I thought she really liked Reed and wished he would feel the same in return. I think her little comments to Ruby came out of her insecurity.
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader

Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 76%

Previous