Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Re: Team Brent or Team Reed?

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote:
Scott wrote:They were both immature players who would probably give her an embarrassing disease.

I'm Team Jerry! :D
Good thinking! I liked him as well!!!!! :)

-- December 6th, 2015, 6:20 am --

By the way, am I the only one who thought the "kissing practice" between those two was odd?? 8)
I forgot about Jerry! I liked him too! And gali, you are not the only one that thought the "kissing practice" was odd. I also thought that...not sure why there needs to be practice. I feel once you meet the right person, kissing will come naturally - no need to practice.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
DFJones
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: 1400698987
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Ruby's Choice

Post by DFJones »

hsimone wrote:
gali wrote:
Scott wrote:They were both immature players who would probably give her an embarrassing disease.

Good thinking! I liked him as well!!!!! :)

-- December 6th, 2015, 6:20 am --

By the way, am I the only one who thought the "kissing practice" between those two was odd?? 8)
I forgot about Jerry! I liked him too! And gali, you are not the only one that thought the "kissing practice" was odd. I also thought that...not sure why there needs to be practice. I feel once you meet the right person, kissing will come naturally - no need to practice.
I love Jerry! If you like Jerry then you're going to love Anna's Way.
The kissing practice started out when Ruby and Jerry were young. It was for fun when they got older. Jerry did like Ruby more than as a friend, but there's more to this story. I will tell you that Ruby and Jerry's bond continues to grow stronger. He is a integral part to the series.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

@gali @hsimone @DFJones I get the kissing practice. While it started as practice young, I'm sure it was really just for fun.

What I refuse to get for poor Jerry is why they would be friends with benefits with so few benefits, especially to be dropped so quick for a game of Tap It. Team Jerry! :lol:
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Scott wrote:@gali @hsimone @DFJones I get the kissing practice. While it started as practice young, I'm sure it was really just for fun.

What I refuse to get for poor Jerry is why they would be friends with benefits with so few benefits, especially to be dropped so quick for a game of Tap It. Team Jerry! :lol:

I am with you on that! :lol:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Go Team Jerry! I also liked him. He seemed like an all-around good guy and would have liked to be more than friends with benefits. The way Ruby dropped him so quickly made me like her less.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote:
Scott wrote:@gali @hsimone @DFJones I get the kissing practice. While it started as practice young, I'm sure it was really just for fun.

Absolutely agree with your last point! Being dropped for a game like Tap It doesn't really make much sense. Poor kid. Team Jerry! :D
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
DFJones
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: 1400698987
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Ruby's Choice

Post by DFJones »

hsimone wrote:
gali wrote:

Absolutely agree with your last point! Being dropped for a game like Tap It doesn't really make much sense. Poor kid. Team Jerry! :D
Yay Team Jerry!
I'm not going to add any spoilers. For those who read Ruby's Choice-in the epilogue, remember what happens at Ditch Lane, not just with Ruby, but Jerry.
Anna's Way -first chapter is back at Ditch Lane, but it's from Anna's POV. I have daily lines on my Facebook DFJones,author for inquiring minds of Team Jerry. :)
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I am glad to see other people loved Jerry! He wasn't a major character and I thought I was the only one who liked him. :)
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Christinar81
Favorite Author: Too hard to pick one
Currently Reading: Barracuda
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinar81.html
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon

Post by Christinar81 »

Madhu Sri wrote:I think the author portrayed Brent in a certain way so that the "only" choice would be Reed.

I agree completely. Why would anyone pick Brent when he was so jealous and aggressive? Brent was portrayed in a bad light while Reed was there to rescue her. I was happy with the way the book ended. Since everything that happened was a dream, it enables Brent to be made into a good guy. I actually really like Brent and hope he will be a main character in the next book.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Me, too! :D
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I think it kind of wasn't fair! If Brent was supposedly possessed, then you don't really know much about him. Plus, if spent that much of his life medicated, again, how much do you really know about him? What a way to hog the best men -- that's a terrible thing to say or do, huh?
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “"Ruby's Choice" by by D.F. Jones”