Discuss the November 2015 book of the month, Ruby's Choice by D.F. Jones
Aithne
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aithne.html
Latest Review: "Chains of Mist" by T.C. Metivier

Re: Ask the Author ~ D.F. Jones

Post by Aithne »

DFJones wrote:Aithne,
I love to read. Romance with paranormal and time travel are my favorites. I grew up in the seventies and constantly search for books set in the time period--I couldn't find any that flipped my switch. September 17, 2014, I began writing what would become Ruby's Choice. After developing creative ads for my clients for thirty years, writing this series fills my soul with much happiness. It fills me with light! ~D.F. Jones
Good to know! I had wondered whether it was a familiarity with or a love for the era. It is certainly out of the norm in the current book climate to write a paranormal book in that decade. Sets your work apart. :D
Latest Review: "Chains of Mist" by T.C. Metivier
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I'm interested in the paranormal features of your book. What made you decide on those three specific abilities for Ruby and her friends? If Ruby's ability was different, how would that change your story? Would there even be a story if Ruby wasn't able to dream her future? Thank you!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
DFJones
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: 1400698987
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Ruby's Choice

Post by DFJones »

hsimone wrote:I'm interested in the paranormal features of your book. What made you decide on those three specific abilities for Ruby and her friends? If Ruby's ability was different, how would that change your story? Would there even be a story if Ruby wasn't able to dream her future? Thank you!
Very good questions!

Ruby thought for a moment, and said, “So, I’m the dreamer, Anna’s the healer and Sandy’s the soul reader. Thank God, we don’t live in the 1600s or we’d be burned at the stake.”

This may seem weird, but the idea for their abilities came from a dream. Actually, my best ideas come right before I fall asleep or I dream about a scene. Sometimes, ideas wake me up so I keep my iPad beside my bed and write them down.

Ruby's dreams were the main thread to the story. I suppose there could have been a story without her dreams, but not the one I wanted to tell.

Thank you! :)
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you!

That's interesting about having dreams and thinking of things before going to bed. I guess that when our minds are most relaxed and not thinking about anything else (at least for a good night's sleep, that is :))

Being all a dream I think worked really well in this book. That was one of my favorite! :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
DFJones
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: 1400698987
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Ruby's Choice

Post by DFJones »

hsimone wrote:Thank you!

That's interesting about having dreams and thinking of things before going to bed. I guess that when our minds are most relaxed and not thinking about anything else (at least for a good night's sleep, that is :))

Being all a dream I think worked really well in this book. That was one of my favorite! :)
Thank you!!~DJ
frazier_frazier2017
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by frazier_frazier2017 »

DFJones wrote: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58 Aithne,
I love to read. Romance with paranormal and time travel are my favorites. I grew up in the seventies and constantly search for books set in the time period--I couldn't find any that flipped my switch. September 17, 2014, I began writing what would become Ruby's Choice. After developing creative ads for my clients for thirty years, writing this series fills my soul with much happiness. It fills me with light! ~D.F. Jones
Hi D.F. Jones Getting ready to read your book, just had to drop a line to say hi to another 70's person and by the way we have something else in common, My name Diane Frazier. and Jones my maiden name. which I am going back to soon but will keep Frazier. therefore we will be the exact same.
DF. Jones lol Take care nice knowing that the name is in good hands!

Return to “"Ruby's Choice" by by D.F. Jones”