Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » "Ruby's Choice" by by D.F. Jones

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Ask the Author ~ D.F. Jones

Discuss the November 2015 book of the month, Ruby's Choice by D.F. Jones

Re: Ask the Author ~ D.F. Jones

Post Number:#16 by Aithne
» 16 Nov 2015, 15:04

DFJones wrote:Aithne,
I love to read. Romance with paranormal and time travel are my favorites. I grew up in the seventies and constantly search for books set in the time period--I couldn't find any that flipped my switch. September 17, 2014, I began writing what would become Ruby's Choice. After developing creative ads for my clients for thirty years, writing this series fills my soul with much happiness. It fills me with light! ~D.F. Jones

Good to know! I had wondered whether it was a familiarity with or a love for the era. It is certainly out of the norm in the current book climate to write a paranormal book in that decade. Sets your work apart. :D
Aithne's Latest Review: "Chains of Mist" by T.C. Metivier
Aithne

Bookshelf Size: 24 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by hsimone
» 05 Dec 2015, 14:44

I'm interested in the paranormal features of your book. What made you decide on those three specific abilities for Ruby and her friends? If Ruby's ability was different, how would that change your story? Would there even be a story if Ruby wasn't able to dream her future? Thank you!
"Love is patient, love is kind." -1 Corinthians 13:4
hsimone's Latest Review: "Forever King" by Diana Sims
Publishing Contest ~ 27 Votes ~ View hsimone's Entry
hsimone
Lilimaster of Bookshelves

Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading: I Was Doctor Mengele's Assistant
Bookshelf Size: 383 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 140 Books
Goal Completion: 45%

Post Number:#18 by DFJones
» 06 Dec 2015, 05:36

hsimone wrote:I'm interested in the paranormal features of your book. What made you decide on those three specific abilities for Ruby and her friends? If Ruby's ability was different, how would that change your story? Would there even be a story if Ruby wasn't able to dream her future? Thank you!

Very good questions!

Ruby thought for a moment, and said, “So, I’m the dreamer, Anna’s the healer and Sandy’s the soul reader. Thank God, we don’t live in the 1600s or we’d be burned at the stake.”

This may seem weird, but the idea for their abilities came from a dream. Actually, my best ideas come right before I fall asleep or I dream about a scene. Sometimes, ideas wake me up so I keep my iPad beside my bed and write them down.

Ruby's dreams were the main thread to the story. I suppose there could have been a story without her dreams, but not the one I wanted to tell.

Thank you! :)
DFJones

Bookshelf Size: 22 books
Reading Device: Nook HD 7 Tablet

Post Number:#19 by hsimone
» 06 Dec 2015, 13:19

Thank you!

That's interesting about having dreams and thinking of things before going to bed. I guess that when our minds are most relaxed and not thinking about anything else (at least for a good night's sleep, that is :))

Being all a dream I think worked really well in this book. That was one of my favorite! :)
"Love is patient, love is kind." -1 Corinthians 13:4
hsimone's Latest Review: "Forever King" by Diana Sims
Publishing Contest ~ 27 Votes ~ View hsimone's Entry
hsimone
Lilimaster of Bookshelves

Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading: I Was Doctor Mengele's Assistant
Bookshelf Size: 383 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 140 Books
Goal Completion: 45%

Post Number:#20 by DFJones
» 06 Dec 2015, 18:37

hsimone wrote:Thank you!

That's interesting about having dreams and thinking of things before going to bed. I guess that when our minds are most relaxed and not thinking about anything else (at least for a good night's sleep, that is :))

Being all a dream I think worked really well in this book. That was one of my favorite! :)

Thank you!!~DJ
DFJones

Bookshelf Size: 22 books
Reading Device: Nook HD 7 Tablet

Previous