Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Overall Opinion of Ruby's Choice

Post by Scott »

Please submit your rating on the Bookshelves page for Ruby's Choice.

What is your overall opinion of the November book of the month Ruby's Choice? Do you recommend it to others? Why or why not? What do you like most about the book? What do you like least?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
kluebeck
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kluebeck »

Guilty of reading it in 1 day. The first chapter got me. Realtiable character is all I can think of when Ruby is mentioned. A first serious crush. She drew me in. I was originally concerned that it was going to be another romance novel where every time you turned around it was about sex. She held out on him. It really surprised me and made me like her more. Now while Reed did seem a little stuck in himself in the beginning, he won my graces. Unfortunately I am now finished with the book of the month and I find myself slightly sad.
Lynn Sutton
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Lynn Sutton »

I loved this book! I was useless until the last page. Absolutely nothing could make me put the book down. I can not wait to see what else this author has coming!
Dukestar22
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dukestar22.html

Post by Dukestar22 »

This was a quick read for me that I couldn't put down. When I started reading it, I thought it was going to be a boring book about a cave adventure. To my surprise it was a love story that has you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. I loved the book and can't wait to read the next one!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I started reading the book and I love it so far.

-- November 8th, 2015, 12:28 pm --

I finished the book in a couple of days and loved it! I lucked out this week and have read two awesome romance books. It isn't easy to find good romances books these days, and here I found no one but two of them no less!
I enjoyed this book more than I originally thought I would, and I was sucked in from the first page. It was a quick read, and enjoyable at that, and I loved any minute of it!

This book is the first in a series, and it definitely leaves you wanting to read the next one. It wraps up nicely, and it sets up perfectly for the next novel. The love story was sweet and I enjoyed the light paranormal touches. The characters were wonderfully well written, the plot was captivating, the setting was perfect, and I enjoyed the way the story turned out. However, the epilogue caught me by surprise, and I am not sure how I feel about it. The book was nothing like I expected it to be... It was so much better! I certainly recommend it!

4 stars!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Madhu Sri
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madhu-sri.html
Latest Review: "Sex and the Underground City" by Laura Roberts

Post by Madhu Sri »

I just downloaded it from Kindle. Can't wait to start reading based on the comments in this forum.
VinuW
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinuw.html
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
fav_author_id: 782

Post by VinuW »

I loved the book, and cannot wait to rad the next book in the series. I recommended it to all my friends as soon as I finished reading it. I'd rate it 4/4 stars.
“He who jumps may fall, but he may also fly. It’s time to jump.” Lauren Oliver, Requiem
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

There is so much excitement about this book! I am really ecited to start reading it.
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
zaynab_m
Favorite Author: J. K. Rowling
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Currently Reading: Rilla of Ingleside
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynab-m.html
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael

Post by zaynab_m »

I cant wait to start reading the book based on all the positive feedback!
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael
Madhu Sri

Post by Madhu Sri »

kluebeck wrote:Guilty of reading it in 1 day. The first chapter got me. Realtiable character is all I can think of when Ruby is mentioned. A first serious crush. She drew me in. I was originally concerned that it was going to be another romance novel where every time you turned around it was about sex. She held out on him. It really surprised me and made me like her more. Now while Reed did seem a little stuck in himself in the beginning, he won my graces. Unfortunately I am now finished with the book of the month and I find myself slightly sad.
I see what you mean.. I find myself drawing parallel's with Ruby.
cranej80
Currently Reading: love your life not theirs
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cranej80.html
Latest Review: "Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty" by Lilly Robbins Brock

Post by cranej80 »

I really ended up liking the book. As I read through it I would ask myself if I liked it or not. The last part of the book pulled it all together for me. I would recommend to others who enjoy love stories and a quick read. I really liked the weaving of the event that happened in the cave throughout the book. I didn't really like all the sex/making out scenes. The author was very descriptive and it made me blush on occasion.
Latest Review: "Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty" by Lilly Robbins Brock
bluemel4
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

If anyone has read my review of this book they already know how much I enjoyed reading it. The author created a lovable main character and a light hearted romance novel. I was impressed with how powerful the romance scenes were without being too graphic or repetitive. I also liked the subtle supernatural elements woven throughout.

4/4 stars.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Madhu Sri

Post by Madhu Sri »

my tablet ran out of battery right when it was getting to the good stuff.. so today morning, even before brushing my teeth, the first thing I did is power on my tablet and finish the rest of the book! I am truly impressed as to how the author managed to weave in aspects of the super natural very neatly into a romance novel and make it seem almost plausible (if you are open minded enough). Reminded me of the movie inception only a little clearer. Very well done. Can't wait to see if there will be more from D.F. Jones
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Well, I finally sat down to start this book today and have read three chapters so far. I am going to avoid some of the other topics until I have read more.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Momlovesbooks
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this book at the beginning. I thought it would be a cave exploration/supernatural drama with young characters. I was hooked at the first and finished the book in a couple of days. It was entirely better than I expected. The characters were believable, with the brief supernatural elements woven throughout in a way that made sense. The ending threw me for a loop. I actually read the last chapter twice to make sure I understood what was happening! I can't wait to read the other books in this series. I rate this 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “"Ruby's Choice" by by D.F. Jones”