Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Writing » Marketing and Promotion for Writers

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Free Personal Marketing Advice from Proven Marketing Expert

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.

Free Personal Marketing Advice from Proven Marketing Expert

Post Number:#1 by Scott
» 21 Apr 2017, 09:06

I'm a proven marketing expert. My website OnlineBookClub.org has over 140,000 members. My book Achieve Your Dreams earned over 4,000 downloads in the first week it was out on Kindle. In fact, one day it earned over 1,700 downloads on Kindle in a single day.

GET MY ADVICE FOR FREE NOW -- COMMENT HERE ASKING ME YOUR MARKETING QUESTIONS! I WILL ANSWER YOU!

It does not have to be about books and reading. It can be about marketing books, but it doesn't have to be. I'm happy to give you my advice on marketing in general. :)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Publishing Contest ~ 960 Votes ~ View Scott's Entry
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 193 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Nook Simple
2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
Goal Completion: 16%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Free Personal Marketing Advice from a Proven Marketin Ex

Post Number:#2 by RJRees
» 23 Apr 2017, 03:49

Hi Scott how and what is the best marketing advice for an Aurthur with a very limited budget

-- 23 Apr 2017, 04:21 --

noted
RJRees

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#3 by Scott
» 23 Apr 2017, 13:27

RJRees wrote:Hi Scott how and what is the best marketing advice for an Aurthur with a very limited budget

-- 23 Apr 2017, 04:21 --

noted

@RJRees

My most important marketing tip for everyone is this: 99% of marketing is product development. Great advertising only makes a bad product fail faster.

In almost every industry, including books, you probably don't need a huge raw advertising budget, but you do need a decent overall budget. That's because you do have to invest heavily in product development. You need to spend a ton of time and money before you even get to the advertising stage; and that's true across industries not just for books. There's really no way to avoid that, but you can get someone else to invest in your product.

Trying to produce and publish a book without a good budget is like trying to open a restaurant selling Grade F beef in a building with mold growing on the walls because the restaurant opener cannot afford a good building and good ingredients. The typical way for an author to get an 'investor' is to find a publisher. A traditional legitimate publisher will pay for the professional editing, professional cover design, professional file formatting, and so on. Publishing is expensive, and self-publishing if done right is expensive.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

Scott
Site Admin

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#4 by kirby
» 24 Apr 2017, 02:57

Hi, it's been months since my first book was published and till now i have not received the attention i had wished for. Help me out# i just want more readers. Wanna keep my book lively.
kirby

Post Number:#5 by maire gomez
» 24 Apr 2017, 03:02

Thank you so much for this advice
maire gomez

Post Number:#6 by Scott
» 24 Apr 2017, 11:31

kirby wrote:Hi, it's been months since my first book was published and till now i have not received the attention i had wished for. Help me out# i just want more readers. Wanna keep my book lively.

@Kirby For a general book marketing plan, I recommend you follow my 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book.

Scott
Site Admin

View Reviewer Page

Re: Free Personal Marketing Advice from Proven Marketing Exp

Post Number:#7 by nathcc
» 31 May 2017, 11:28

Hi. I think my biggest problem so far is finding a literary agent in the genre of my fictitious novel, which covers drama, romance, thriller, humour. I'm well aware this doesn't play well for me, but my imagination struggles to keep still.
nathcc

Re: Free Personal Marketing Advice from Proven Marketing Exp

Post Number:#8 by Rebecca Henderson
» 10 Jun 2017, 21:17

Scott, when marketing yourself and a certain service you provide--let's say it's proofreading--what do you find is the best marketing approach, specifically online? Do you start out with free and discounted services to gain clients and notoriety, or keep your rates at an affordable price while marketing like mad? Thanks in advance! :)
Rebecca Henderson's Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
Rebecca Henderson

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 200 Books
Goal Completion: 7%