Free Personal Marketing Advice from Proven Marketing Expert

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
Mr_Wimbaum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Free Personal Marketing Advice from Proven Marketing Expert

Post by Mr_Wimbaum »

Hi Scott,
I’ve finished my novel and am getting a cover made as we speak. What I’m wondering is if it’s worth getting my novel reviewed on here for feedback etc before it’s fully published? Thoughts?
Cheers,
Sam

gali
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 92
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Ghost Of Llano Estacado
Bookshelf Size: 2032
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Mr_Wimbaum wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 20:16
Hi Scott,
I’ve finished my novel and am getting a cover made as we speak. What I’m wondering is if it’s worth getting my novel reviewed on here for feedback etc before it’s fully published? Thoughts?
Cheers,
Sam
Please note that one can't be a reviewer and submit his book for review at the same time.
Personal pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Mr_Wimbaum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Mr_Wimbaum »

gali wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 00:16
Mr_Wimbaum wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 20:16
Hi Scott,
Cheers,
Sam
Please note that one can't be a reviewer and submit his book for review at the same time.
Noted! Thanks

Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Anngladys »

Scott wrote:
21 Apr 2017, 09:06
I'm a proven marketing expert. My website OnlineBookClub.org has over 140,000 members. My book Achieve Your Dreams earned over 4,000 downloads in the first week it was out on Kindle. In fact, one day it earned over 1,700 downloads on Kindle in a single day.

GET MY ADVICE FOR FREE NOW -- COMMENT HERE ASKING ME YOUR MARKETING QUESTIONS! I WILL ANSWER YOU!

It does not have to be about books and reading. It can be about marketing books, but it doesn't have to be. I'm happy to give you my advice on marketing in general. :)
Thanks for this, Scott!
How did you get 4,000 downloads in a week?
How did you grow your website to 140,000 members!

Anngladys
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Anngladys »

Scott wrote:
23 Apr 2017, 13:27
RJRees wrote:Hi Scott how and what is the best marketing advice for an Aurthur with a very limited budget

-- 23 Apr 2017, 04:21 --

noted
@RJRees

My most important marketing tip for everyone is this: 99% of marketing is product development. Great advertising only makes a bad product fail faster.

In almost every industry, including books, you probably don't need a huge raw advertising budget, but you do need a decent overall budget. That's because you do have to invest heavily in product development. You need to spend a ton of time and money before you even get to the advertising stage; and that's true across industries not just for books. There's really no way to avoid that, but you can get someone else to invest in your product.

Trying to produce and publish a book without a good budget is like trying to open a restaurant selling Grade F beef in a building with mold growing on the walls because the restaurant opener cannot afford a good building and good ingredients. The typical way for an author to get an 'investor' is to find a publisher. A traditional legitimate publisher will pay for the professional editing, professional cover design, professional file formatting, and so on. Publishing is expensive, and self-publishing if done right is expensive.

Wow, this is dee: My most important marketing tip for everyone is this: 99% of marketing is product development. Great advertising only makes a bad product fail faster.

Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Scott wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 11:31
kirby wrote:Hi, it's been months since my first book was published and till now i have not received the attention i had wished for. Help me out# i just want more readers. Wanna keep my book lively.
@Kirby For a general book marketing plan, I recommend you follow my 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book.
Thanks for this! I'll look at the book!

aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

Thanks, Scott. Your views really matters much. I am a novice writer and I think I should definitely get in touch with you once my work is almost done.

Film 14
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Film 14 »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and marketing tips.

janealicebooks
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by janealicebooks »

I am very excited. We just published my new book via Amazon KDP and now I am looking for your suggestions on the best ways to promote it and get sales?

What I already did..
1. basic reviews from fans&followers
2. joined Onlinebookclub and applied for reviews,
3. Applied for goodreads, indiestoday, thefussylibrarian, readersfavorit, momschoiceawards. (though they will take many weeks if not months to get any results). Maybe more of websites like that are recommended to apply?
4. Started PPC from amazon, google ads and facebook ads though I get almost no impressions on them despite high bids.
5. Trying to reach moms influencers and kids book reviews social media

I would like to hear your suggestions on the most effective ways to promote the new self published book and get sales?
Cheers! 👏🏻

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”