I must have laughed and cried a thousand times... -- Message from Gary Robinson

This forum features articles, guest posts and advice columns written by authors.

Hosted by October Member of the Month, bookowlie.

Moderators: bookowlie, Special Discussion Leaders

Emmanuel525
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: I must have laughed and cried a thousand times... -- Message from Gary Robinson

Post by Emmanuel525 »

Have not actually read any of the book but I sure will, because with what is in this letter, one can say the book is going to be interesting and educating. I think am going to start with the sword swallower and will get back to you after reading it.
Tbest14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tbest14 »

Dear Gary,
Thanks so very much for this letter, reading through it is making me want to read the book itself almost immediately. Writing is one part and bringing yourself into the character is another and I will definitely start with the swordswallower and give you a feedback on it.
Lees-fire
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Lees-fire »

Hi Gary,

I have not read the book but will be looking forward to read it. I am sure it will enlighten more readers and touch lives. The letter surely entices me to read it.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

I have honestly strayed away from reading this book until reading this letter for several different reasons, which would be to long to put into words, but after reading the heartfelt message in this letter, I think I will check it out. I hope the writing in the book is as lovely as the writing in this letter.
Kino

Post by Kino »

Seems very interesting, have you posted your new book yet ?
daiguerra
Currently Reading: The China Dogs
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daiguerra.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch

Post by daiguerra »

Reading this letter before I finished reading the book made me enjoy the characters a lot more. When reading I tended to forget that this really was someone's life and it was touching to see them both overcome so many obstacles that they faced.
PeaceLoveNature44
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Cows I Have Known
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peacelovenature44.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by PeaceLoveNature44 »

Wow! This sounds like a book I will enjoy reading. It sounds a lot like my life, and I hope to connect to it! I am currently pregnant with my third, going to college, working, etc. But I've had a crazy past!! I can't wait to read it, and give you a review sir!
-Felicia Hamberg-
Bilal Haider

Post by Bilal Haider »

Dear Gary,

Your letter shows emotions towards the book you have written.I have found your letter emotional for me too. The beauty of story telling is that what you write , somehow it connects not with just story teller but also with the reader. Your letter has shown the glimpse of your book and has made me feel the same. Somehow in different cultures and in different languages and in different parts of the world humans feel the same because its human instinct and its exclusive of cultures and languages.I can imagine from your letter that the book is gonna be in simple words simple moments and of simple attitudes which we experience in daily lives but most of us do not sense it do not perceive it and if we start sensing the small things between us then we find it huge in our lives. In the end if we realise , we need so little to get happy or to make happy someone . life is not about big things but small things we do everyday . I will definitely read your book . Stay blessed ,

Regards ,
Bilal
sebhina90_19

Post by sebhina90_19 »

Look forward to reading it
ShareTheGift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by ShareTheGift »

Hi Gary,

I have not read your book yet but plan to do so by the end of the month. It has received great reviews and just the fact that you laughed and cried during its writing means it has a piece of your heart in it.

Good luck on your new project and I hope you have just as much fun this time around!
nakai

Post by nakai »

Hi,
Thanks for your letter i found this book very intresting hope to read more of your written
Hannah 22578

Post by Hannah 22578 »

I am so glad you posted this message,you have given me an insight as to what the book entails and makes me eager to read it and share your experience too .Thanks.
karanyy

Post by karanyy »

Hey! it's really interesting. it can teach a life experience of "swallowing the swords"
Phoebe andeso
Currently Reading: No Mercy
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Phoebe andeso »

Thanks Mr.Robinson for the overview of the book it has given me a thirst of reading it
zcs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zcs.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by zcs »

WOW!

This promises to be one of those books with a very revealing message: if only one could see this behind-the-scene review before reading the book.

Most fiction books are based on real life situations and experiences, unfortunately they fantasize too much. Yours is different since the main character reflects your own situation although in a more controlled environment. I already love your book even before I open it to read and savour its goodies.

This book could help us understand and learn to live with persons struggling with drug and alcohol abuse. Better still: it could help those who live in situations and environments that are likely to influence them into becoming addicts themselves.

Thanks, Gary, for writing this book.

Return to “Author Articles”