Margaret Reminded Me of What I Needed to Know -- Message from Rob White

This forum features articles, guest posts and advice columns written by authors.

Hosted by October Member of the Month, bookowlie.

Moderators: bookowlie, Special Discussion Leaders

tmerlin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Margaret Reminded Me of What I Needed to Know -- Message from Rob White

Post by tmerlin »

Wow I love your writing
Jared Okebiro

Post by Jared Okebiro »

Auspicious and fragranting inspiration from this book
[+]
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by [+] »

Thank you . This is a very interesting review. Looking forward to reading this book as possibly making some changes I my life
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

Excited to read this! It's always good to hear from the writer himself. :)
Lala97

Post by Lala97 »

This was very inspiring, definitely looking forward in reading more .
mspotassium
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mspotassium.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by mspotassium »

I just finished submitting my review. I hope it gets publish so that you can read it. I personally put my heart into it. Thank you for being one of my gurus. :D
lykavaldez05
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by lykavaldez05 »

Are you tired of struggling in life? Do you wonder if you have made the correct choices? Then read this book, And Then I Met Margaret, by Rob White. This is a nonfiction, self-help book. The author's goal is to use real-life examples of mistakes to teach people how to improve their lives. In this book, the author shares personal stories of his own failures and accomplishments. Each chapter presents a lesson on life and discusses how to overcome any diversity blocking your path.

The author does not come off as egotistical because of what he has learned. Nor does he seem to be judging anyone. He really wants people to learn from his mistakes.

The author also writes about his childhood, growing up in a small town, the traditions of small towns, and becoming an adult. He shares that when he was in high school, it was assumed that he would follow in his father's steps and work at a factory. I thought this was the most pivotal point in the story and that it strengthens the relationship between author and reader. It shows the author's humble origins, a contrast to the person he is today. The author also displays real emotions when he explains how that affected him. He does not gloss over the difficult parts. This example and others show that the author truly cares and wants to help the people who inspired him. The author can also admit his mistakes, and that is a strong trait. Not many folks have this trait.

The author writes about his transition to becoming a business owner and the negative and positive parts of this journey in his life. The title of this book refers to a pivotal event for the author. One of the chapters in the book is about a particular lesson a woman named Margaret taught him. I thought this chapter would have been longer, and I was slightly disappointed that it was not. This is why I give this book four stars. However, despite its brevity, the author does explain why Margaret's life lesson was prudent, and it is an excellent story for the title of the book.

This book is for anyone who is looking to improve their life or has questions about why life has turned out as it has. This book is also for anyone graduating from high school or college. It reminds us that we can all make mistakes, no matter what stage we are at in life. The important thing the book shows us is how to learn from our mistakes and move on with our lives. Each chapter starts out with the myth the author believed, and each ends with the myth he believed and the reality he discovered. I think this was a good way to organize the chapters because it was a like a chapter review at the end. If anyone was taking notes, this would help with understanding. This is the sort of thing a teacher would do. The author mentions that he was a teacher before he started his own business. There are countless other hints in the book that he was a teacher. In my opinion, the author will always be a teacher— a teacher who cares if his student passes—despite that he is retired from the profession and now a business owner. While I highly recommend this book for the people I mentioned above, I also think that everyone should read it. When you have a good teacher, embrace it. This author has a wealth of knowledge to share. Read this book.
maoza2

Post by maoza2 »

Thank you for the inspiration.
Tajkia Ibnat
Currently Reading: And I met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tajkia Ibnat »

First of all, congratulations on your New book. Then thank you for this heart touching letter. Wish you more prosperity with lots of love.
- Tajkia
DAUDI CHARLES

Post by DAUDI CHARLES »

Actually i 've learned lots of things that motivates me from your message ,I really appreciate you .
Joshua Nartey

Post by Joshua Nartey »

Hi Mr Rob white thank you for your encourage
juliazxz

Post by juliazxz »

nice one, thanks a lot
OPgirl9122
Currently Reading: Growing Up Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by OPgirl9122 »

Sir Rob White, just like you I am a writer as well and just as you said " darken days" it's hard for one to write when they could not figure out how ones story appeal to readers. Whether they showcase ones intended idea or is everything turning into a pile of mess. Having someone to tell you sincerely about the things you didn't notice can greatly uplift ones mood and potential. Just as one of my favorite saying goes "The one who told you your faults are your trusted friends"-Omar BK. For a sly person is one who coats his words with honey and destroys you behind your back.
Awino
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Awino »

Thanks for the inspiration I need to start looking at myself differently this year.I need to read this book
thelittlelibrary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thelittlelibrary.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by thelittlelibrary »

Thank you for this note! It's great to know why you wrote the book!

Return to “Author Articles”