Margaret Reminded Me of What I Needed to Know -- Message from Rob White

This forum features articles, guest posts and advice columns written by authors.

Hosted by October Member of the Month, bookowlie.

Moderators: bookowlie, Special Discussion Leaders

Nomsa93
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Margaret Reminded Me of What I Needed to Know -- Message from Rob White

Post by Nomsa93 »

Thank you for your letter ,looking forward reading the book
CNWaweru
Currently Reading: The Sound of Thunder
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnwaweru.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CNWaweru »

I haven't lived that long myself but I hope to understand the life lessons he is discussing when I read the book soon.
Lalalaurasanto
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lalalaurasanto.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Lalalaurasanto »

Good evening! I was just reading your book when I got the email notification about this letter. I am truly enjoying your stories! Although I’m not finished with it yet, so far it’s been jam-packed with truths and inspiration. It offers a new way to see the world (a few of them, actually), and personally, I think new perspectives are super important to living a full and enriched life. I also particularly enjoy the connections you make. You relate one part of your life to another part in a way that makes it all seem purposeful. I imagine it took a great deal of reflection to be able to do that, and I am thankful for that reflection!!
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
EvergladesGirl

Post by EvergladesGirl »

Congratulations, Rob White,
I have read only the ten percent sample so far but will read the entire book soon. My primary guru was Mum, also called Margaret, and I too have an Uncle Fred, another storyteller. I have dedicated one of my books to him because of the lessons he has taught me over the years, most specifically to be aware of the beautiful diversity of human nature and to look for the humour in many incidents.
Regards,
Jennie Linnane
KittyWatsons005
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by KittyWatsons005 »

Thanks Rob! You make me more interested with your book that I eagerly want to read. The first time I saw it's cover I already know that there is something in it that will inspire your readers. Keep it up! Cheers!
Alessandra B

Post by Alessandra B »

Thank you very much, Rob for that meaningful letter. Im looking foward to read your book! :D
Mcrossman03
Currently Reading: Big Magic
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcrossman03.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Mcrossman03 »

Thank you for your continued inspiration. I'm currently in the middle of your book and I can't wait to continue to see how your gurus altered your way of thinking. Your stories have already opened my eyes to the many people I have met along the way in my life that may have taught me in more ways than one.
George cheruiyot

Post by George cheruiyot »

Thanks for your letter,nice one,am looking forward to read your book
Otakubibliophile
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Otakubibliophile »

Thank you for the inspiring book you have written, Rob White. I am currently in the middle of reading your book- close to the end mostly- and I have to say that it has been a wonderful pleasure so far; of reading about your adventures; the new people you've met along the way who have adviced you; the new lessons learned throughout your journey; and the fact that you used the gurus' pieces of advice to incorporate all these factors into your life. Keep up the great work.
Melee3
Currently Reading: Alien in the Delta
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melee3.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Melee3 »

Wow! Wonderful words of insight, thank you.
Your letter has made me take stock of some gurus that have entered my life for a period of time and those that remain, who have taught me much needed lessons.
I’m looking forward to reading your book.
Again, thank you!
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
Essygee28
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Essygee28 »

This in intriguing, how I wish that every one would view life this way; that every point in time in life people are sent to you for one reason or the other, no man can walk through surface earth with a man. Thank you so very much, I believe stumbling on you will add to my life much more than I think. Thanks and God bless
Vis23
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Vis23 »

Hello sir, being a person who is cares about understanding life and it's teachings, I love to express what I feel about it, it makes me free. Reading your letter just reminded me of my Margaret and all of my gurus who helped me to understand my life in better way. I totally agree with the very concept of your book. Life is all about learning from events of day to day. Every time there is a clue and some lesson which helps you to deal the events of future. We only need to understand the clue and what we usually do is ignore them. Life won't become simple but if we pay attention, we will always have some answer to the problems we face. It was really nice of you to share this letter with us. U just became another guru who came by to remind me of what am I meant for. Thanks.
Odida
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Odida »

I cherish your open heart and utmost sincerity on this letter. It's a motivation.
Princess 12

Post by Princess 12 »

:roll: thank you so much for the words of encouragement, indeed you can not help the world if you don't know the inner you. Your words really opened my eyes of understanding.
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

Thank you for this inspiring letter. I thoroughly enjoyed your book and went back to reread the stories that spoke to me most. I was handed a challenge during this time and inspired by "I decided I was smarter than I thought I was", I took the plunge. It didn't work out, but I felt empowered to investigate further. Thank you. I'm starting a new phase of life right now in a country village and meeting all kinds of folk. I try to be open to my gurus. I have already met several. Thank you for reminding me of the many truths I had forgotten. You have enriched my life. I am very grateful.

Return to “Author Articles”