Margaret Reminded Me of What I Needed to Know -- Message from Rob White

This forum features articles, guest posts and advice columns written by authors.

Hosted by October Member of the Month, bookowlie.

Moderators: bookowlie, Special Discussion Leaders

Chiamaka2018
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Margaret Reminded Me of What I Needed to Know -- Message from Rob White

Post by Chiamaka2018 »

Thank you for this letter.Will get a copy to read.
ShivaSagar
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivasagar.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by ShivaSagar »

Rob,
Congratulations on making Book of the Month. What a great way to start the year!

Yours is the first letter I've read on the site, yet can tell it's set a high bar with a wealth of inspiring messages. I also believe words are best appreciated when put into deed. To that end, I am taking to heart your insights below. Some I'm doing, others, I need to amp up and for those that got away, the list below will serve as a reminder to initiate :)

1. Want more in life? Keep giving.
2. Tune into the everyday gurus in life and grow richer with every experience.
3. They're not teaching anything new. Only reminding us of what's been forgotten.
4. Sharing wisdom is more fulfilling than most.
5. Every so often, slow down for a moment and ask:
- Who am I right now, where am I going and why?
- Is what I'm doing really working for me?
- Am I being an expert at something that isn’t taking me to where I truly should be going?
Simply asking these can lead to the next breakthrough.
6. Approach life more playfully. Curiously. Enriching life lies in enriching one's point of view.
7. Be not concerned with how to improve the world, rather with how to improve yourself - then you will improve the world.
8. Get out of your own way, rise above habitual thinking and be receptive to deeper understandings. Stand aside and look at everything including yourself differently.
9. When living with exclamations (insisting you have all the answers), hell on earth is created. When willing to live with questions, one is pointed toward heaven on earth.

Thank you for sharing the light. I look forward to reading your book!

Best,
Shiva Sagar
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
Fati-bola
Currently Reading: Rogue Captain
Bookshelf Size: 329
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fati-bola.html
Latest Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Fati-bola »

Thanks for this postscript. I guess you're an unassuming guru for me reminding me to be alert and responsive to other gurus that'll come my way. Thank you so much.
MjN
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MjN »

Thank you for this letter .. i want you to know that i am interested with your books :)
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

Thanks for this wonderful and uplifting message! I loved your book and cannot wait to read more from you. Your enthusiastic attitude is amazing. :D
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Humamazhar2018
Currently Reading: The Vatican Children
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Humamazhar2018 »

Your message is such a depth, very inspiring. We can't see this way, a different way to see, to learn new things. And i really look forward your more work to read. Truely motivational message.
Mumbua T
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Mumbua T »

The message flows. You feel in to it already. The easiness, the questions and exclamation marks give that curiosity to want to dig deeper into the book. I must read that one. Thank you, Rob.
maryannmedroso
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by maryannmedroso »

Thank you for this wonderful letter. It really inspires me in so many ways. This made me realized how to deal life differently by being EASY.
TYCOONSHOP
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by TYCOONSHOP »

:techie-reference: I'm happy, thank u for u works
sanya samuel brian
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by sanya samuel brian »

Eagerly looking forward to reading your book and perhaps get an insight into my own character flaws..
Rajanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 231

Post by Rajanis »

Hi. I guess we all come across many incidents which teaches us to live better. But you have showcased your experiences beautifully to the extent that it made me think how can a person come across so many life experiences. When we start to things for granted, I wish a Margaret would come across to remind us to be humble.
Thanks for the book.
Alex Muchai

Post by Alex Muchai »

Thank for the book. I reminds me of someone special to me, thus making it My favorite book this year 2018. Gracias! :techie-studyingbrown:
susan kayua

Post by susan kayua »

Thank you. You are doing great work
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

Truth to be told I have changed my whole life and people around me a year ago. That's when I met my biggest Guru and so he met me. We are both giving and taking, but we have so much to give so we spread it to more and more people around us. Nonetheless, we are never jealous of giving to other even more time than we do to each other because we actually always connected unconsciously. I asked myself why, why did he stop me from all my future plans and completely changed my life. I have heard your interview posted on YouTube and heard the answers to my questions. We are all successful, we just forgot and started doubting, turning down every people in our lives who are actually our guides. Thank you for bringing the truth back to ones who are blind.
Ruthie258
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthie258.html
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter

Post by Ruthie258 »

I particularly liked the way you affiliated people around us to gurus. In and of the idea itself, an "experienced writer" can already be the kind of reference someone would use to describe you (even without prior knowledge about the books you've written). Unfortunately, I haven't had the honor of reading your book YET. Now that I have read this, I am looking forward to "stumbling" upon it. Thank you, Rob
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter

Return to “Author Articles”