This forum features articles, guest posts and advice columns written by authors.
Hosted by October Member of the Month, bookowlie
Moderators: bookowlie, Special Discussion Leaders
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 15 Apr 2019, 23:06
- Currently Reading: Surviving Hate
- Bookshelf Size: 16
I enjoyed the article and I definitely agree with joining a writer's critique group. Constructive criticism with the knowledge of other writer's and their different styles of writing can improve your writing skills dramatically.
- Posts: 883
- Joined: 09 Jun 2019, 13:22
- 2019 Reading Goal: 50
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 136
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 90
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
- Latest Review: Longings of the Heart by Georgene Searfoss
Well done, karolinka. All five tips are gold. Thanks for sharing.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.
When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!
- Posts: 276
- Joined: 01 Apr 2016, 01:01
- Favorite Book:
- Currently Reading: The Namesake
- Bookshelf Size: 36
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
- Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Very well put advice. Don't know about putting the book on social media but everything else is good advice. I especially liked reading other writers to find styles. That marks the difference between who wants to become a writer or a great book reader.
- Posts: 333
- Joined: 04 Jul 2019, 06:27
- 2019 Reading Goal: 50
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 62
- Currently Reading: Heartquake
- Bookshelf Size: 135
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunalt.html
- Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers
You have summed up all the important tips so well. It is only recently that I have started participating in contests. And that definitely is a humbling experience. Constructive criticism is extremely important to know where you stand.
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 15 Jan 2020, 17:35
- Currently Reading: The Girl in the Yellow Scarf
- Bookshelf Size: 12
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slowpoke123.html
- Latest Review: Trinity's Fall by PA Vasey
Thank you for a very informative article about writing. I am a non-native English speaker so I find it hard to write well sometimes because of the fear of having plenty of errors. But these tips are really worth trying!