Official Interview: C.P. Wilson

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: C.P. Wilson

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features C.P. Wilson author of Miss Centipede.

To view the official review, click here.

To view the book on Amazon, click here.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. What do you do when you aren't writing children's stories?

When I am not writing children's stories, I spend time with my doggie named Bunny; he is a 115 lb. rotty mix, and of course thinks he's a LAP dog. I also love to garden. I once grew a 10 lb. zucchini! I am a part-time realtor and a volunteer.

2. How do you come up with the ideas for your books?

The ideas for my books mainly come from my teaching experiences with children and also while playing with my numerous dogs over the years. Miss Centipede: A Bug's Tale of Tolerance was inspired by my teaching youngsters at the local elementary school.

3. What's your work schedule like when you're writing?

When I am writing, my schedule is a little hectic because I basically do everything at my house. I am the housekeeper, painter, roof repairer, tree trimmer, dog walker, etc.

4. Let's talk about your book Miss Centipede. How did you decide to write a children's book?

I decided to write a children's book mainly after working with children at storytime and seeing which stories held their interest and made them laugh... During buddy reading, I was always so HAPPY to see the children smiling and laughing while reading. So I decided to write Miss Centipede... to make children laugh and smile, while learning. Miss Centipede has humor, counting, and the main theme is for people to be unbiased and be accepting...tolerant!!

5. What was your goal in writing this story?

My main goal for writing Miss Centipede: A Bug's Tale of Tolerance was for parents, teachers, children, the whole universe to be accepting of ALL PEOPLE! It is time for all biases to disappear!! There should be no discrimination, with an emphasis on no discrimination for children and young adults. Children are special and all people, young and old, want to be loved and liked.

6. The cover page looks perfect, and the reviewer mentions that the illustrations are wonderful. Can you tell us about the process of designing and drawing them?

The cover of Miss Centipede reflects the setting of the Southwest of the United States. The background is supposed to be the beautiful colors of creamy orange, burnt sienna, vermilion, and chocolate beds like the Grand Canyon area. The characters just came to me. I wanted the characters to represent society, and to be of all ethnicities.

7. Can you tell us about the difficulties and joys in the publishing process?

The publishing process was arduous. The publisher I engaged was 7 months past the promised publication date. Obviously, the publisher did not meet deadlines and also did not always explain changes they made to the contract guidelines. The positive outcome was the publication of my book!! Finally!!

8. Do you have any more books in the works?

I do not have a book officially in the works, meaning I am not working with a publisher now. BUT, do I have four to five more books to be published...YES!! One involves a celebrity and they have not responded to my inquiries... Do I need a TOP LITERARY AGENT... YES... Can anyone contact me with a recommendation? ([email protected]) Thank you!

I like to end on some fun questions.

9. What would be your ideal setting to live in?

At this time in my life, the perfect setting to live in is a moderate climate. Having been born in Maine, and still living in the northeast, I no longer like the harsh winters. I would prefer the North Carolina area.

10. What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?

The best piece of advice I have ever been given comes from three people in my life. My fourth-grade teacher always said: "Think before you write... internalize the information, then write." The next two people were my father and my friend who owns the local hardware store. They both tell me: "Slow down, take your time...whatever you're doing." So am I usually in a rush??? I guess so.

11. If you could shop for free at one store, which store would it be?

If I could shop for free at a store, it would be a large chain hardware store. Why you ask? Well, I have been known to be called Mrs. Fix-It. Unfortunately, it is no longer MISS Fix-it. When not writing, gardening, housekeeping, I am repairing, painting, restoring. I would be stuffing the cart with tools, paint, wood, and gardening supplies!

12. What fictional character would you most want to meet and why?

I would be most happy to meet Huckleberry Finn and his loyal companion Jim. I would love to sit and listen to "Huck" and Jim recount their adventures. I myself would love to be a free spirit like Huck and have few cares and travel the Mississippi, most likely not on a raft, but a small boat. About 20 years ago, I was on a cruise on the Mississippi and loved the regionalism and local color at the towns we visited along the banks of the mighty Mississippi.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Thanks for doing these interviews. It's interesting to see another side of the authors (such as that Wilson also outgrew the cold :lol2: ).

Return to “Author Interviews”