Official Interview: Onyx Gold

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Onyx Gold

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Onyx Gold author of Chameleons. This will be book of the month in August of 2021. Get your copies now so that you can participate in the discussion.

To view the official review, click here.

To view the book on Amazon, click here.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. How did you get your start in writing?

I've truly always been a writer who loved to read. It was second nature to me. I never thought of professionally publishing anything until I finished Chameleons.

2. What's the most satisfying part of writing for you?

The freedom! There are cages everywhere you turn, but writing is the freedom to go wherever you want to go.

3. Who encouraged you most in your writing journey?

Other authors and their beautiful writing. My love of reading a good book encouraged me.

4. Let's talk about your book Chameleons. How did you decide on romance?

Romance was easy because it's all around us. I opted for an edgier more exciting curve to it, which is why Chameleons is romantic suspense.

5. One of the characters is a literary agent. As a writer, did that make the character easier or harder to write?

It made Zia's character easier to write because of the literary element.

6. How did you manage to write such effortless dialogue?

Thank you for the lovely compliment. I allowed the characters to take me over. I wasn't myself while writing. I fell in Zia, Bryce, and Baxter's world completely.

7. Have you had any criticism on this book and how did you handle it?

Yes, lots. Some people don't care for the explicit sex scenes and that's understandable. I'm a believer of not invalidating other people's feelings.

8. What's next for you? Any plans to try a different genre?

Ravenous Snakes, the sequel to Chameleons is out now. I'm definitely writing more romance. I haven't decided on what twist I'll put that romance yet. 🙂

I like to end with some fun questions.

9. How do you relax?

I read, binge a show, listen to music, take a hot bath, or sip a cool beverage.

10. What was your favorite birthday present?

A trip to the beach was my favorite thing and a water balloon war as a kid (lol).

11. Do you have any pets?

I do not, at the moment.

12. What's on your car radio right now?

Maroon 5 😁
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Author Interviews”