What Mood Do Your Poems Have?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Re: What Mood Do Your Poems Have?

Post by palilogy »

My poems in my new She collection are all very sad since they are about my recovery.
My older poems I wrote during my undergraduate years are a bit less depressing. I used to write humorous poems about my exes or my mom's exes that she met on online dating websites.
overton5
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by overton5 »

It depends on the reader. However you interpret the poem is up to you.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

The poems I wrote in college did have a "quirky" mood to them. They are rarely ever dark, or too upbeat. I have also written sad poems as a child. Those are probably gone by now, since they were too embarrassing to keep.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
gkgurley
Favorite Book: The Two Towers
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkgurley.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gkgurley »

I use poetry to process my mental illness, so they reflect whatever stand I'm in: mania, depression, obsessive-compulsive attitudes.
bookva06
Currently Reading: Wilder
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by bookva06 »

I guess writing a poem is expressing what is inside your heart, it is like composting a lyrics where your soul sings it whether you are happy or not... or just an outlet, an emotion whether you are frustrated, angry, sad, not fulfilled, or just empty.
MuthoniMuriithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muthonimuriithi.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MuthoniMuriithi »

My poems vary therefore the mood and tone vary also depending on the theme I wish to highlight in each poem
MedleyLORE
Favorite Book: A Killer's Mind
Currently Reading: A River in Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MedleyLORE »

My poems always start off telling a story of child like ignorance and a swell of peace but it’s only finished with a cruel twist of the tongue. :shifty:
NSehra
Currently Reading: Cinderella and Colonel
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by NSehra »

Even though I don't intend it to go a particular way, my poems usually turn out to be sad.
I've never given it much thought but I guess I should try harder and write a poem which has a happy mood 😊
Fourth04

Post by Fourth04 »

My pieces usually expresses everything that I feel at that very momemt that I write one, I can only write my lines whenever I'm ruled by my emotions and can not write when I feel like I'm not even pumped up or dragged down. Simply I wriye when I feel, and I puty heart on every word. If I would describe it in one word, the word is "Heart"
Its the symbol and representations os everything.
Its love, its life
Its the emotions and the light
Literally, It is what we need to be able to survive
The heart shows everything that we can not hide.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

My poems were always like love letters to myself, friends, or the back of the head of that one guy in class, who didn't know I existed.😏
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Enimat

Post by Enimat »

Personally I think it varies on the environment, people usually get affected by their surroundings in more ways than one.
In my case, I usually just go with flow. I write what I feel, see, hear, smell, etc...
So far, I made some which you could say would be kinda sad, depressing, infuriating works depends on the reader though.
Gmama2455

Post by Gmama2455 »

I write about my feelings sad happy angry and sometimes about events that are happening in the world. My tone is usually very deep and sometimes dark and other times positive. I mostly would say deep
Yvonne_kadzo1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Yvonne_kadzo1 »

Honestly i rarely do poems but mostly when am sad poems always makes the situation better for me.
Wendipooh47
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendipooh47.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Wendipooh47 »

Hi! I'm Wendi. I'm new to this site and excited to meet people that love reading and poetry! I love to write poems but the past few years i have been so busy i havent had much time to write.

In 2012 i lost a friend to suicide and wrote a poem about my grief that was published in a poetry book. Usually i write poems when im really happy or sad and its a great way to share experiences with people who are in similiar situations.
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

I always write poetry when I'm in a really dark place mentally. Because of this, they all have a dark theme and copious amounts of existential questioning.

Return to “Poetry & Music”