What Mood Do Your Poems Have?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Jane Doe
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-doe.html

Re: What Mood Do Your Poems Have?

Post by Jane Doe »

My poems tend to be very sad. I use it as a way to get all of my feelings out there. They have a depressing mood, but it feels good to let it out.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Most poems I've read are inspirational in nature, about life in general. They motivate you to lead a happier life
TheSeelieCourtJester
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theseeliecourtjester.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by TheSeelieCourtJester »

At best, sadness and loss. I resonate with negativity, to the point where I become the emotion itself. Suddenly, all the verses are dark and dreary, and before you know it, the subject of the poem dies. It's either that, or the poems are incredibly thoughtful and nostalgic, such as when I write political poetry, if only to try and prove something. The poems that do have a joyful atmosphere aren't my best.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Kelley Kirwan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kelley Kirwan »

My poems are always dark. Anger ,resentments, sadness betrayal and guilt are the undertone in every poem I've ever written. Because of this I never let anyone I know read them because they would probably seriously worry about me also they would be quite surprised that I was the author of these poems because my personality is totally opposite of the things I write. I seem to be completely incapable of writing anything that is positive, happy and upbeat. I am not sure of why this is but if I had to guess it is probably because I have buried these feelings so deep that I am on a concious level totally unaware of them and this is my spirits way of dispelling them to keep me healthy like your body produces antibodies to fight off physical ailments.
Maria joraimah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92854">The Zodiac Killer</a>
Currently Reading: Unbroken
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Maria joraimah »

I would say a mixture of sadness and happiness. I write when I'm down and when I feel that I'm on top of the world. :)
" HAPPINESS is finding PEACE within yourself! " :D
Sohinee Dey
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Sohinee Dey »

It totally depends on my mood. On the days when I'm feeling sad and gloomy, my poems will reflect that. Other days when I'm happy and cheerful, my poems carry a cheerful or inspirational tone. Somedays, I write on love and lust and the poem turns out to be erotic and on other days my poems carry a comedic undertone. When my thoughts are in a chaos, my pen inks the same chaos on the paper. I usually prefer to write long poems with rhymes and with good word usage.
sophiemer642
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 97930">The Popularity Papers (The Popularity Papers #1)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114

Post by sophiemer642 »

I usually write poems when I am depressed or angry, so they tend to emit these emotions. I also find writing angry or sad poems easier. I have no idea why, the words just come to me easier when I write in these moods.
Honey Joy

Post by Honey Joy »

One can write a poem when he is sad, happy or in love except for being mad as no one really does. :)
As for me, i write poems when i am in a happy state most especially when i am in love. Words are starting to overflow in my mind and the last thing i knew, i have already finished creating a poem and that alone makes me happy even more. :)
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

I love to write inspiring poems but nowadays my poems tend to be dark and angsty.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

the mood varies depending on what I'm going through
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Leximillion
Currently Reading: A Midsummer Night's Dream
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximillion.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Leximillion »

I recently finished a Poetry Workshop Class for my Creative Writing minor. I've found that most of my poems tend to be dark, cynical and a bit angry. I've tried branching into the happier side of things, but I can't find it. I can write about romance in a happier tone when I'm writing fiction, but with poetry I just can't do it. :/
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

I mostly or always. I might say, write about love; love is everything after all. A great deal of the mood is disappointment or depression about it; first love, gone/lost love, love of a life, GOD, the spirit world..
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
JustEthel

Post by JustEthel »

I write poems depending on my mood.When I'm in love I tend to create cheesie, mushy, or romantic poems. When I'm mad or brokenhearted, of course the theme of my poem in such a situation would be dark and heart wrenching. But very often friends and family asks me to write them a limerick.
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

My poems are often contemplative and introspective. I've also written a couple of poems with themes of love.
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Angst, heartbreaking, sadness and disappointment... that's kind of mood for my poems. But to be honest, I'm not sure if it really is a poetry because I didn't joined any creative writing courses.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle

Return to “Poetry & Music”