What is the Song that make you cry deeply every time you heard it.?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
jkmalik
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the Song that make you cry deeply every time you heard it.?

Post by jkmalik »

"World Spins Madly On" by The Weepies
Melea13
Currently Reading:

Post by Melea13 »

Op. 71, Act 2: No.14 Pas de deux from the Nutcracker. In my mind, Tchaikovsky's most underrated work. Every note seems to drip with some deeper emotion, that I have yet to understand completely and that I'm sure words cannot express accurately. Apparently, Tchaikovsky wasn't the biggest fan of this work himself, but it is one of my favorite pieces because of what I feel is the perfect combination of bitter honesty and sweet longing. It breaks my heart and fills it every time I hear it.
E_Sethna

Post by E_Sethna »

Definitely the Hindi song "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" from the movie of the same name. I watched that film and listened to the soundtrack so many times with my grandparents. Ever since my grandpa passed away almost three years ago, I can't listen to the song or see the film without crying deeply.
Genaledesma11

Post by Genaledesma11 »

Out of many of the songs I have had the pleasure of listening to only one song has made me burst out in tears.' ' Memory ' from "Cats"' . Regardless of all of my emotions prior to listening I am in shambles by the end of the song. It is beautiful and raw, just full of pure emotion.
Dan_Wellock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-wellock.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Dan_Wellock »

The answer to this is definitely Livin’ Thing by Electric Light Orchestra. Many people might pass by this song saying that it is just another catchy 80s piece, but I see it in a different way. The lead singer of ELO has such emotion that it speaks to me personally. I have been through some hard times in my life, but the way that ELO presents heartbreak is the way I feel it. Telephone Line also always gets me. It’s about a guy who is calling a girl that broke his heart. He just wants her to pick up, but she doesn’t. So he asks the line to just ring a little longer, so he can have some hope that she will answer the phone.
krwhite95
Currently Reading: Since We Fell
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B07N4M412B

Post by krwhite95 »

Slipping Through My Fingers by ABBA

A song about a mother watching her daughter grow, desperately wishing she could slow time, even if just for a moment.

I cry for my mother, who lost 10 years of time with me, knowing that time cannot be restored.

I cry for myself, as I watch my daughter grow, feeling as though every day goes faster than the next.

The lyrics perfectly capture "that well-known sadness" I feel when I watch my daughter grow and learn. It's well worth a listen for any parents out there.
mrnobody3
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrnobody3.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by mrnobody3 »

I'm always into emotinal and depression songs when I'm feeling sad or having a rough day to fill my sadness and let the tears coming down to my cheeks. The song that hits me the most is Paralyzed by NF, an underrated artist. Every words in the lyrics that he wrote in the song accurately captured my life. Whenever I couldn't sleep at night, I will put my earphone up and listened to his song in one loop until I slept.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

I don't cry when I listen to sad songs, but it's a depressing song indeed. :?
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Quindara Harris

Post by Quindara Harris »

There was a time back when I was little that is song never made me cry every time I hear it. But since I was 6 years old and lost my father the only parent I ever really knew since my mom wasn't around. Now every time I hear Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle it brings back memories and I end up crying.
MargaretShackelford

Post by MargaretShackelford »

one song that has making me sob is "You Won't See Me Anymore".
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

Oh, this brings back memories. At my uncle's funeral they played Lean on Me by Bill Withers. We weren't that close but afterwards every time they sang the song in devotion in high school I'd just start bawling uncontrollably. It got so bad to the point that for the rest of my years in high school they never sung the song again.
Ashley Louise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-louise.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ashley Louise »

What Sarah Said by Death Cab for Cutie. I lost my mother to cancer 3 years ago and spent countless days in hospitals feeling exactly how the song describes for 5 years.

"...amongst the vending machines and year old magazines in a place where we only say goodbye..."
"...'cause there's no comfort in the waiting room, just the nervous paces bracing for bad news, and then the nurse comes round and everyone would lift their head..."

Before the loss of my mother, and especially after, I knew in my heart the final lines were the truest thing I had ever heard hence causing the waterfall of tears. I held my mothers hand as she took her last breath...

"...but I'm thinking of what Sarah said... that love is watching someone die. So who's gonna watch you die?"
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

Lean Womack - I hope you dance.
Mariah Carey & Boyz 2 Men - One Sweet Day
Heaven Is Waiting - From the play Madea's One Big Happy Family
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

I sobbed like a child when I first heard "Dying in LA" by Panic! at the Disco. I'm not even entirely sure why it just deeply touched me that Brandon would go through such heartache and loneliness whilst surrounded by people.
Ashley Louise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-louise.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ashley Louise »

Browneh wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 20:41 I sobbed like a child when I first heard "Dying in LA" by Panic! at the Disco. I'm not even entirely sure why it just deeply touched me that Brandon would go through such heartache and loneliness whilst surrounded by people.
This is such an amazing song and one of my favorites. It hits me right in the feels every single time. I also really love Northern Downpour for this same reason!
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Poetry & Music”