What do you think about spoken poetry?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

What do you think about spoken poetry?

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

There's a sudden increase in popularity rate of spoken poetry today. Many people in different countries are posting their spoken poetry in different social media sites.

What do you think about it? Have you ever tried doing spoken poetry?
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I used to go to an open Mic poetry group, and I loved it. Whether or not it's spoken or read, poetry highlights feelings of nostalgia or emotion. Spoken poetry opens up discussion topics with people which is always good. It can bring healing as it is spoken and discussed.
Ezekiel2017
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ezekiel2017 »

Spoken poetly have greatly increased as most people use it to pass relevant message to others.most people get to hear them making it more convenient way of pass message comparer to other means
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

lbhatters wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 08:17 I used to go to an open Mic poetry group, and I loved it. Whether or not it's spoken or read, poetry highlights feelings of nostalgia or emotion. Spoken poetry opens up discussion topics with people which is always good. It can bring healing as it is spoken and discussed.
I'm becoming more interested in spoken poetry as I watched videos of people doing it. There are certain issues need to be addressed today. For one thing, we can let everyone know how we feel and what we believe in.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
Aishat Rabiu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishat-rabiu.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Aishat Rabiu »

Spoken poetry is sensational. I'm usually fascinated by the way the stress in each sentence they make rub through your spine and reach deep places. I write poems alright, and I've tried reciting it once or twice. It's just not as easy as it seem. I'm not giving up though, I'll keep trying
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I enjoy it greatly if it's done well. Not everyone has the flair for delivering words in a captivating manner. When the speaker is on-point, it can be quite powerful.
LiamEllie
Currently Reading: Mona Lisa's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by LiamEllie »

Spoken word poetry. Been able to do it, from the writing to the presentation, it takes ability and work. I mean to bring your thoughts into writing and put the feelings behind it is absolutely amazing. To me, it's an expression. Many things you couldn't have voiced out, spoken word gives it a expression. It's also my voice. So many a times, we ignore things happening around us that needs discussion but because ordinary people like us can't say it, we turn to our spoken word and gives it a voice. I'll say spoken word is like one of the best thing that we've accomplished so far
sbcollins

Post by sbcollins »

I love it! I share it with my students too, to show them how poetry can be relevant to them today. I have gone to see Neil Hilborn perform live twice, which was fantastic.
Momokay25

Post by Momokay25 »

I think spoken poetry gives the poets a better way to tell their stories. Spoken poetry is a mind clearing feel. You just open up & say it
Jen Ty

Post by Jen Ty »

For me poetry is a simple way on how to express your emotion and feeling even the stories.
Mus9

Post by Mus9 »

Sooothin medication
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I love spoken poetry. It is sensational, more expressive, and impacts your emotions effectively.
Lutius
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Lutius »

Poetry actually help someone to express feelings that is how u feel about something
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I enjoy spoken poetry for the voice and expressions of the speaker/poet adds other dimensions to the poem. Besides, some people are better speakers than they are writers. Some people I know who are into spoken poetry are having difficulties writing their poems in paper. They say that when they write, their thoughts don't flow as spontaneously as compared to when they talk.
KiraNekko

Post by KiraNekko »

i think about spoken poetry that people can express thier feelings and emotion in such a very creative way.

Return to “Poetry & Music”