- Posts: 3
- Joined: 01 Jun 2010, 21:57
- Bookshelf Size: 0
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
- Posts: 28092
- Joined: 10 Aug 2009, 12:46
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 90
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 109
- Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
- Currently Reading: Too close to breathe
- Bookshelf Size: 872
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
- Reading Device: B00I15SB16
- Location: Ireland
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 20:54
- Bookshelf Size: 1
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thsavage2.html
- Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday
- Posts: 204
- Joined: 21 Jun 2018, 13:01
- Currently Reading: The Beauty Myth
- Bookshelf Size: 452
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsims92.html
- Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller