Writers

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Abigail09
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 4

Writers

Post by Abigail09 »

Writing means differently to people. Writing for me is how I get to speak my mind ,to voice out . I am not very outspoken so instead I write .What does writing mean to you?
tmazonga
Currently Reading: Last Seen
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by tmazonga »

Writing to me is a way of immortalizing my innermost thoughts.
k_alexcia
Currently Reading: City of Heavenly Fire
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by k_alexcia »

Writing was away of expressing myself. I am very introverted and when I try to communicate verbally it never comes out how it sounds in my head. So I use to write it down. Things I felt, things I wanted to say. Things I wish I never said..
Abigail09

Post by Abigail09 »

Wow. I so understand what you mean. It happens to me too. Verbal communication sounding different than the way it sounds in the head. Writing is my voice .
EmberReads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by EmberReads »

writing is etching humanity into paper. we think very little about the things we have in common, those things we all share in different ways at different times. but remembering who we are by reading perspectives that we agree and disagree with make us remember that though we would all have these feelings anyway... we would never know how those before us felt unless they write it down. Wisdom comes from writing and reading. It is a time capsule in which the treasure of a thousand lifetimes can be lived and viewed. It is wonderment in it's rawest form. Writing is.. Life
Abigail09

Post by Abigail09 »

writing is etching humanity into paper. we think very little about the things we have in common, those things we all share in different ways at different times. but remembering who we are by reading perspectives that we agree and disagree with make us remember that though we would all have these feelings anyway... we would never know how those before us felt unless they write it down. Wisdom comes from writing and reading. It is a time capsule in which the treasure of a thousand lifetimes can be lived and viewed. It is wonderment in it's rawest form. Writing is.. Life

@EmberReads,THIS IS BEAUTIFUL . :tiphat:
Ayo martins
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ayo martins »

Writing is a form of preserving my thoughts for others to see. Writing is the voice of the voiceless. Writing is a weapon, mightier than the sword.
gundahw
Currently Reading: The Expansion

Post by gundahw »

Most of us want to write!

People tend to be writers but without a coach or mentor you are just dreaming.

Most of my time, day in day out my walking tool is just a pen! Thats how i my life goes.
I do not want to miss a writing stick in my pocket.
What i learned from writing is that, i randomly write any thing.
For my better understanding, what you write is usefull!

Why?
Imagine our thoughts in a single day,that's a full writen book indeed.

What we lack is someone who drives you to the writing camp or soo.

I love writing!!!
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

My mind doesn't stop.

That's not necessarily a problem, unless you're 4 years old and won't stop jabbering on to your mom about everything, anything and the universe. My mother, realizing I was most probably the end of her, bought me a diary, told me to name him and Surprise! - I had a new best friend.

I took the hint, and confided everything - and by this I mean everything, until I eventually arrived at the conclusion that hey, my writing's not half bad.

So I write, endlessly and passionately, because I love it. I have a vivid imagination, and never run out of things to put on paper.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

Writing saved me. I was having a tought time only one year ago and I realised that I could express myself better with poetry and books.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

Writing is how I express what is in the back of my mind; the things I contemplate the most without saying them. It is also how I ensure that a piece of me lives forever.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Writing for me is a fun hobby and an outlet for creativity. I am not talented in music or art. Writing is one of the few things I can do without appearing totally lame and as such it serves as a means to express, though the medium of the written word, inventive stories involving smatterings of my personal philosophies regarding life and the world I live in. Occasionally I find someone who appreciates something I've written and I then feel as though I have made a connection to another mind which walks in step with my own and for me that serves as an affirmation that what I have written has at least some small merit.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

Writing is how I make sense of my own thoughts and the world. It is also a way for me to maintain my sanity and to vent when it feels like no one else will listen.
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

I write because I breathe. I can't imagine not doing it.
Writing is a part of who I am.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

It's my way of expressing what I feel about humanity and the world. I hope that one day I'll get to write for a living because it's the only thing I can think of doing for the rest of my life and always loving it.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor

Return to “Writing Discussion”