Who still listens to ABBA and other songs from the '80s?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Re: Who still listens to ABBA and other songs from the '80s?

Post by Julez »

I love ABBA especially Dancing Queen. There was a time I watched their video CD daily
JFrancis
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jfrancis.html
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Post by JFrancis »

I love the music from the eighties! It brings back memories from childhood for me. It's the soundtrack of my early years, and there is so much nostalgia in it. I tend to like ABBA, but I also love Cutting Crew, Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Tiffany...you name it.
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I don't listen to Abba particularly but I do still listen to the songs in the 80's. I was born in the 80's but I have a sister whom is very older than me and got me started on some 80's songs.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

GPM wrote:I am not sure what the songs of ABBA are, but I listen to songs from the 80's. I love mostly country music since they are the music you need to relax. I also love Queen!
ABBA is a beautiful group, two ladies and two guys. Their songs are so good that most movies still use them as theme songs. They were super amazing. You can Google them and listen to their album. I do love the '80s generally and I also love Queen. Michael Jackson too, of course! :D[/quote]

I searched ABBA and most of their songs are so familiar to me. I just didn't know that the singers were them. :)
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html

Post by Cloe101 »

I liked Chiquita the best
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Carol Cisne
Currently Reading: Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 12
Bookshelf Size: 1072
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carol-cisne.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Carol Cisne »

I like ABBA too~ My cousin shared her ABBA tapes (and awesomely durable walkman) and their music has been with me ever since (the tapes eventually degraded, walkman still works though).

I have such a soft spot for 70/80's music despite being a 90's kid too. My taste varies from the pop/rock to the awesome glam and ballad rock groups. There is just so much good music in those decades, right?

Not to say there hasn't been any good music in the 90's (there are so many great artists there too), it's just a different sound. I've been in a real 70's mood (like Styx, Boston, Journey, U2) recently but I might dig out some ABBA after reading this thread~
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Tanny136
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanny136.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Tanny136 »

Omg, I am a huge fan of ABBA. My favourite songs are Honey Honey, Mamma Mia, Our Last summer and the list can go on and on. I also enjoy listening to Queen, Bees Gees and Eagles-retro is pure love!
WendyH
Currently Reading: The Snow Child
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyh.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by WendyH »

The 80's is still my all-time favorite musical genre. Music was really about telling a story then.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

"Dancing Queen" is my jam, love all of ABBA's hits. I'm an 80's girl, but I enjoy classic music from the 70s & 90s as well. (Can't believe the 90s are considered "classic!") Elton John is my all-time favorite, but I enjoy an array of genres.
Noor143
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Noor143 »

Songs from the 80's is an undying song. Even we are in the new millenium, I still hear people singing to it. I'm a 90's kid but I love listening the classic songs from the 80's. Beautiful!
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

I was a young kid during the 80s, so I still enjoy listening to a lot of the music. My teenage years were during the 90s, and those songs are more familiar to me, but I definitely have memories of 80s music.
Barbiedole
Currently Reading: The One (The Only One) #1
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbiedole.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Barbiedole »

I love them so much! The album will forever be in my heart. Too bad they split up and didn't make more music.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Pknjo
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Pknjo »

I listen to a few from those times, ABBA being among them- mostly country music.
Starrlibra
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Starrlibra »

I like ABBA and the other songs!
personwholovesbooks
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by personwholovesbooks »

I still do. :) My mom is a fan so whenever Sunday comes, our house is playing ABBA. Like every Sunday.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes.
I'm thinking of making a few more."

Return to “Poetry & Music”