Song that clicks a specific life event of yours ?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Song that clicks a specific life event of yours ?

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Sometimes , When you listen to a specific lyrics of a song , you mind rings bell of a specific past event of you life or something ... It happens too me a lot . When I listened 'piece by piece', it effected me so badly because it reminded me of a specific event back when I was 3 years old .. so tell me about yours ??
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

Hmm, I think of some decisions I've made when I hear or see "The Road Less Traveled" that were different from the norm quite a bit. I also like the song "Its my life" quite a bit too, emotionally, for some things I've done that are unique and different.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

I love Fight Song by Rachel Platten. It energizes me when I feel down.
Malfoyy Slitherin
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malfoyy-slitherin.html
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter

Post by Malfoyy Slitherin »

Chris brown forever.. High School!!
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter
Spontaneo
Favorite Book: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spontaneo.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Spontaneo »

Uhhh...

When I was on top of a car as was on Homecoming Court being driven to the Homecoming football game my senior year of high school. My boyfriend was driving and jammed the car stereo with "Under Pressure" by Queen.

What was hilarious, a different candidate's boyfriend played the Vanilla Ice version (I think his name is Vanilla Ice, not sure).

I miss those days...
You Only Grow Old If You Want To
JustEthel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JustEthel »

There's this song titled 'Through Glass' by Stone Sour, it reminds me of a time when I was so crazy in love with someone. He used to sing that song to me. That guy was really very sweet.
OzichiO
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozichio.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by OzichiO »

The High School Musical 2 song 'Bet on It' used to remind me of the time I felt like an outcast in elementary school. But now it just makes me think about how great my future is going to be. :mrgreen:
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

Macklemore's Can't Hold Us always puts me back to my Erasmus years. They were playing it everywhere then, and it does bring back many pleasant and precious memories.
Yung Senpai
Favorite Book: Lolita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Yung Senpai »

6dogs flossing has a special place because it inspired me to write my first novel.
jamileonard

Post by jamileonard »

I live my life through moment described by songs. "Songbird" reminds me of my brothers accident. "Over you" by Maranda Lambert brings me back to my first loss. Every major moment in my life seems to have a song. Even some of the little moments. I feel like these are the moments I will remember forever.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Bridge Over Troubled Waters, by Simon and Garfunkel.

The first time I heard this song was right after it first aired on radio. I was sitting in my car on a cold rainy day in the parking lot where I worked very early in the morning before anyone else had arrived. I was about 20 years old at the time. I was returning to work after funeral leave. My mother had died. As I listened to the song the lyrics, which I was hearing for the first time, seemed to come from my mother - comforting me. I have never listened to this song since that day when I do not get goosebumps reminding me of how appropriate those lyrics were to the state of mind I was in and how strongly those words resonated with me at the time.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
David_Thulo

Post by David_Thulo »

Actually I just listen to music for fun,
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

I lot of songs describe what i feel, and I find myself connecting with them. On the top of my head there's "watching over me" by Hilary Duff, it reminds me to be strong and not break down, to not pay attention to what other people say, if I believe in myself I can do anything.
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

Every time Masterpiece by Jessie J or Believe by Shawn Mendes comes on I just stop whatever I'm doing and I'm mentally teleported to my high school graduation. I'm standing in a blue grad gown with a too big mortarboard and mumbling along because I skipped rehearsal and have no clue what anyone is saying.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
Ami_Violet
Currently Reading: #staymarried
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Ami_Violet »

Oh gosh... there are so many. I think the ones that have the strongest flashbacks are the ones that remind me of having dance offs and parties with my sister when I first turned 21. There was that distinctly bad mix of pop and rap that was all over the top 40, 10 years ago, and when I hear them come on I go right back to that place... Music is so powerful. It's amazing how it jars our memories and can return us to different places in time, even giving us phantom scents and tastes of the moment. There are songs, too, that I straight up can't even listen to anymore because it's too painful to reflect back. Like Nick Drake's Pink Moon album... even thinking about it hurts, and I'm back on my bed in 2006, holding a man I thought was the love of my life, thinking I was about to lose everything if I lost him. ... Just, wow. Music, man. It's intense.

Return to “Poetry & Music”