Song that clicks a specific life event of yours ?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Re: Song that clicks a specific life event of yours ?

Post by Swat3737 »

Similar to smells, songs definitely take me back to specific times in my life. Bob Marley always reminds me of freshman year of college and a boy I cried over. How to Save A Life and If I Just Lay Here make me cry over Grey’s Anatomy. And anything from the 80s just makes me happy and nostalgic.
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Ak1412 »

"Dying in LA" by Panic! at the Disco is very powerful and equally underrated. It expresses the idea that while you are trying to find your success, you will fail along the way. Everyone watching you fail will suspect that you are unaware of this and that you are blindly following a path that will lead you no where. Despite what they think though, you know it won't come easy. You know you will have to work harder than ever before, and you know that to some extent you are probably failing.
This is extremely relevant to a college student trying to figure out what her next step in life will be.
Res Alexis
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Res Alexis »

Kakulange by Mandox Sematimba takes me back to the times when I was an infant with little knowledge about the hypocritical ways embedded with the hearts of men.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I have that feeling with Forget you from Cee Lo Green, as my ex boyfriend at one point cheated on me and I was surprised to see him with another girl doing all the things I used to wish he did for me.
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

"Say Something" by A Great Big World came out the week my grandmother died. In the music video, an old woman who looks similar to her is also dying. Because of that connection, I cannot listen to that song without getting teary eyed. To make matters worse, the lyrics of the song match some of the regrets that I have because her passing was unexpected.
Amber Nichole
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-nichole.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B01J6RPGKG

Post by Amber Nichole »

"Leave Out All the Rest"' by Linkin Park is a very emotional song for me. My father ended his life when I was 16, and for years I couldn't listen to that song because it felt like those might have been thoughts my father had at the time of his passing. I can listen to it these days, but it still brings a lot of sadness to my heart and mind.

I'm also really attached to the song "Happier" by Marshmello and Bastille. My relationship is coming to an end -- both of us aware of it -- and the song feels like it was taken right from my mind -- that desire to stay but knowing that it's best to leave and wanting the best for the other person.
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Joe Hadithi »

Chronixx - Skanking Sweet. I felt I was losing my best friend at the time, and when I played it for her, it sorta helped fix things.
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html

Post by Joe Hadithi »

Amber Nichole wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 22:53 "Leave Out All the Rest"' by Linkin Park is a very emotional song for me. My father ended his life when I was 16, and for years I couldn't listen to that song because it felt like those might have been thoughts my father had at the time of his passing. I can listen to it these days, but it still brings a lot of sadness to my heart and mind.

I'm also really attached to the song "Happier" by Marshmello and Bastille. My relationship is coming to an end -- both of us aware of it -- and the song feels like it was taken right from my mind -- that desire to stay but knowing that it's best to leave and wanting the best for the other person.
I pray that you all find your happiness. We all deserve to be happier :)
Amber Nichole
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-nichole.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B01J6RPGKG

Post by Amber Nichole »

Joe Hadithi wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 20:57
Amber Nichole wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 22:53 "Leave Out All the Rest"' by Linkin Park is a very emotional song for me. My father ended his life when I was 16, and for years I couldn't listen to that song because it felt like those might have been thoughts my father had at the time of his passing. I can listen to it these days, but it still brings a lot of sadness to my heart and mind.

I pray that you all find your happiness. We all deserve to be happier :)
Thank you very much. :romance-grouphug: I hope you find yours, as well. I think it's just truly amazing how easily we can connect to art and artists because of our own experiences. It's incredible.
clancy8
Currently Reading: Toward Happier Choices
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clancy8.html
Latest Review: A Loaf Of Bread by Rana Bitar

Post by clancy8 »

perfect by Ed sheeran
reminds me of my high school crush.
I never had the chance to tell her, how I felt about her.
Now it's all messed up cause, she moved to another country.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

i like the song called brave
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
imSunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by imSunshine »

end game by taylor..when i found the one who ended all the game and focused on being serious
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

Numb by Linkin Park screams the melody of my prepubescent years. Every time I hear that song I'm just drawn back to that particular point in my life. I love the song so much and the lyrics are too relatable.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

When I hear Kelly Clarksons song “Breakaway” it reminds me of finding out some sad news from my parents in high school, “Guardian Angel” by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus reminds me of when I lost a close friend of mine and “Colors” by Crossfade reminds me of one of my best friends from high school in general.
Williams Osaroei
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-osaroei.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by Williams Osaroei »

Happier by marshmellow feat. Bastille. You realize your leaving someone could probably make them more happy than they are; even if they doubt you. It's actually my favorite song of 2018.

Return to “Poetry & Music”