Who Likes to read Shakespeare?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Who Likes to read Shakespeare?

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

It would sound somehow awkward but I haven't ever read any of Shakespeare ... It's not about disliking, it's just that I never came across any of his works..
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Angela Tipsey
Currently Reading: The Elfstones of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Angela Tipsey »

I love Shakespeare! I bought a complete collection of all his works in London.
Akintomiwa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Akintomiwa »

i love shakespeare and my favourite is othello the moor of venice
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I am not a big fan of Shakespeare but I have read some of his creations and I liked them. Some of his plays are very good.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Malfoyy Slitherin
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malfoyy-slitherin.html
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter

Post by Malfoyy Slitherin »

Shakespeare books give you a feeling of ancient l8fe and how mead and meat was a thing or relief! ?
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter
magicquill
Currently Reading: Elf Brief
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicquill.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by magicquill »

I love Shakespeare and his works! I agree that he's definitely a legend. Very talented and have a very interesting mind.
Because if you've found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward.

- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

Zoey wrote:I certainly do! I bought a nearly perfect condition limited edition Shakespeare collection book. The cover is red leather bound. It is absolutely beautiful! I have read many of his plays and poems. I am not here to prove myself, but quiz me if you will ;) I mention this because I am going to tell you that Romeo and Juliet is certainly my favorite out of his collections. Call me stereotypical, but I am a geek for romance. And that play is absolutely amazing! Did you know Shakespeare is thought to be gay? It leaves me wondering the reason behind the thought- is it simply because the original actor for Juliet was a man ;) Fascinating stories about authors of previous lifetimes. Fascinating stories...
Zoey, I've never known that Shakespeare is thought of to be gay, at least now I know. I'm a big fan of Romeo and Juliet
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I enjoy reading his plays. I'm not as big of a fan of the sonnets. Titus Andronicus is probably my favorite.
Kat Kennedy
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-kennedy.html
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella

Post by Kat Kennedy »

I love Shakespeare! The thing I miss most about teaching is teaching Hamlet. It is so rich with language. I also loved teaching Twelfth Night because it was so funny and students loved it.
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Star88 »

I didn't like Shakespeare. I didn't really enjoy his plays. I liked reading A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Tempest, though.
Cindy864

Post by Cindy864 »

I need to be in the right mood.
sonia iyare
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by sonia iyare »

I do like to read Shakespeare book it full of idoms
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

Shakespeare has the knack of making historical backdrops for his works. And it becomes more interesting, or even sometimes confusing for anyone to interchange what he gets from his plays and what he reads from historical accounts. Or it may be said that fiction completes history or vice versa. Or rather, to enjoy more his plays, it behooves one to first read history.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I love Shakespeare and thoroughly enjoyed studying his work in high school. "Romeo & Juliet," "Macbeth," "Hamlet." I admit "Julius Caesar" was a little dull for my taste, but did not taint my opinion of the Bard. I also enjoy books written by Shakespeare enthusiasts who weave his works into their own fiction. Two of my favorites are by Jennifer Lee Carrell, "Interred with their Bones" and "Haunt Me Still." It is a Bucket List dream of mine to see one of his plays at The Globe Theatre.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Zoey wrote:I certainly do! I bought a nearly perfect condition limited edition Shakespeare collection book. The cover is red leather bound. It is absolutely beautiful! I have read many of his plays and poems. I am not here to prove myself, but quiz me if you will ;) I mention this because I am going to tell you that Romeo and Juliet is certainly my favorite out of his collections. Call me stereotypical, but I am a geek for romance. And that play is absolutely amazing! Did you know Shakespeare is thought to be gay? It leaves me wondering the reason behind the thought- is it simply because the original actor for Juliet was a man ;) Fascinating stories about authors of previous lifetimes. Fascinating stories...
In Shakespeare's day it was not legal for a woman to appear in a play, thus all of the female parts had to be played by men. In the movie, Shakespeare In Love, this is one of the main elements of the story. The character played by Gwyneth Paltrow pretends to be a man playing the part of a woman on stage.

There is very little known about Shakespeare and I think claims which say he was gay have little or no evidence to back them up. I think this is based upon speculations resulting from the wording contained in various works, but these claims are totally unsubstantiated by any actual factual data.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright

Return to “Poetry & Music”