Who/What Is Your Biggest Inspiration When Writing Poetry?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
DoubleSheBookworm
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doubleshebookworm.html

Who/What Is Your Biggest Inspiration When Writing Poetry?

Post by DoubleSheBookworm »

When I write poetry, I find that the things which cause me to be angry (i.e. sounds, politics, other people's behavior) cause me to create amazing pieces. When I write songs, I find that my family is my biggest inspiration there.
George M lunenge

Post by George M lunenge »

DoubleSheBookworm wrote:When I write poetry, I find that the things which cause me to be angry (i.e. sounds, politics, other people's behavior) cause me to create amazing pieces. When I write songs, I find that my family is my biggest inspiration there.
Thats interesting and common,i just make sure it always brings out everything from my mind and heart that sometimes i feel unease until i put it on paper.
Christina O Phillips
Currently Reading: Oz
Bookshelf Size: 1326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Christina O Phillips »

When I write poetry, I find that I am more of an emotional/confessional poet. I write about things that move me (life situations, emotions, people). So I guess my biggest inspiration for my poetry is my life and the people and things in it.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

When writing poetry, I get alot of inspiration from myself and my own feelings. I usually write poetry only on my feelings though.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

Most of the times it's something I have experienced. I sometimes also write about certain dreams that I wish to fulfil. I also write introspectively quite often.
merailey
Favorite Author: Jeffery Deaver
Currently Reading: Spy Line
Bookshelf Size: 318
fav_author_id: 8033

Post by merailey »

My poetry normally is the opposite of the mood I find myself in. Uplifting when I'm down and macabre when I am up. I think it helps to balance my overall feelings. I can get into extremes either way if I do not write.
imyhearu
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by imyhearu »

I got inspired to make one when I felt depressed and it's the only way how I express myself for making one.
Jasel Anne
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jasel Anne »

My inspiration is my family,my love ones. Most of all my goal.
Susan Karimi
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10">Things Fall Apart</a>
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Susan Karimi »

During the flow of rhyme on the tip of my pen on a webuye product...my lyrics wobbles as they flow gently out of my brains.Most are times I write out of emotions whereby I end up excited since poetry has a way of raising my moods.I am engaging in reading works from different authors to enable me develop my creativity skills and start writing out of fiction other than emotions
sheilla the great

Post by sheilla the great »

My inspiration when writing comes from within, my emotions and thoughts, my view of the world. So basically I get to be me in writing, that's where I relieve everything I've been holding, I also get inspired by the surrounding and the people in it.
chiliRed

Post by chiliRed »

most of the biggest inspiration to write is when you are in love-- when you found the love you loved... but most is when you found love, and love you back...

-- 14 Nov 2017, 01:50 --

if mind is full of memory... if eyes full of goodness.. if heart is full of love... if soul lives in the spirit of God... poetry is so easy...

-- 14 Nov 2017, 01:53 --

Poet is my chemistry, everything i see inspires me.. especially ... if i see the best man i wish to be... live with.
Frenjie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frenjie.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Post by Frenjie »

Usually, I write a poem or song for either of two reasons - I'm inspired or desperate. But most of the poetic works I've written so far are products of me being inspired by someone or with something such as a memorable encounter or experience during a particular period of time in particular place.
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
official_arvie_12
Currently Reading: How to Shop For Free
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by official_arvie_12 »

The pain for the past or recent failures always help me in creating a poem. But heart breaks is the most frequent reason for my oh-so bitter poems. :lol:
Phscorpio

Post by Phscorpio »

My trauma and living situation is my inspiration for writing poetry.
tmazonga
Currently Reading: Last Seen
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by tmazonga »

Everyday happenings are the source of inspiration for my poetry.

Return to “Poetry & Music”