Who/What Is Your Biggest Inspiration When Writing Poetry?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
FRANCIS ODAKAH
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who/What Is Your Biggest Inspiration When Writing Poetry?

Post by FRANCIS ODAKAH »

I write poems depending on current situations in my life, especially when am down that I feel this is the end of 'my world'. I always put this in poetic literature having in mind that someone somewhere in the coming generations will be inspired by what I may be going through, via my poems. I also write songs and you know how songs have a 'brother-sister' relationship and ease in expressing Your inner feelings.
FRANCIS ODAKAH
whitemndy91

Post by whitemndy91 »

I have a big history of depression and I needed to share what I felt at that time. I've always loved poetry. It helps me to get over my feelings and not hurt myself like I have tried in the past.
Daniello

Post by Daniello »

Poem--- a poem will have a title.
my inspiration for POEM is everything around me.
POETRY --- NO TITLE
-----
inspiration ---- myself✅
pauljames_03
Currently Reading: The Prisoner and the Chaplain
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauljames-03.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by pauljames_03 »

When I write poetry, my themes and concepts almost always center on my "Muse" or the person or object of whom I get my source of inspiration.
Mindfull

Post by Mindfull »

Life it self in my point of view, for that is what poetry is ; expressing ones thoughts feelings and why not opinions ; this way connecting with others feelings ,would be our answer to our own questions , or deep comfort to ones necessity's and wishes; of course never exactly the same for each person. But life it self would be our never ending point of connecting.
hllrytnchn

Post by hllrytnchn »

i get all my inspirations from personal experiences when writing poetry especially those that made a lot of impact on me, a heartbreak, sadness, sometimes fear or feelings that i can't express that i need to let out
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

Christina O Phillips wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 08:47 When I write poetry, I find that I am more of an emotional/confessional poet. I write about things that move me (life situations, emotions, people). So I guess my biggest inspiration for my poetry is my life and the people and things in it.
I am the same way. Most of my poetry is emotion based. A few of them are based on something I have heard and it has stuck with me until I get it onto paper or my computer. Inspiration can strike at any time and in any place!
Mommas words3

Post by Mommas words3 »

When I write my poetry I am able to release whatever is held inside. My life my family my children and the person I am with are my inspiration as of late it has also been people and things around me. I try not to show my weakness to people the only ones who can see it is those who read what I write. I have built many walls in my life and find it difficult to bring them down in any other way but with words. I know when I write it doesn't matter if someone heard it or see's it what matters is how I feel after is wrote out.
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

My biggest inspirations were William Carlos Williams , Sylvia Plath , Ak Ramanujan and other imagist poets.
Karmarose

Post by Karmarose »

Myself and the environment...... :tiphat:
Ami_Violet
Currently Reading: #staymarried
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Ami_Violet »

I have to say a lot of my best stuff comes out of anger/frustration/hurt/betrayal. Now that I'm happily married and life is all roses I can't seem to write as well as I used to! :lol2: I managed a couple of really pretty pieces that were inspired by love and happiness. But, not gonna lie, it seems my best work comes from pain! Such a shame that I have to be so happy right now that I can't write new poetry, lol.
jsharpe88

Post by jsharpe88 »

When writing poetry my biggest inspiration are my innermost feelings and the way that my mind processes those feelings. Whether they be through rage, sadness, different colors, however, i express the feeling in words at that moment.
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

My biggest inspiration is life itself. It's the way we act, the way we envision stuff, the way the universe whirs into place. I like to write in broader terms, instead of limiting myself to just a specific set of rules to be followed.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
Kimmehtush

Post by Kimmehtush »

I am being inspired to make poetry based on my life experiences. Whether it is love, a problem, a blessing, a friend, and in my studies. Regards to my ups and downs. But most of the time when I am feeling down because it is also my way of coping to stress
Renell1107
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Renell1107 »

Life itself has to be my motivation for writing. You can’t really understand anything unless you have actually been through something.

Return to “Poetry & Music”