Who/What Is Your Biggest Inspiration When Writing Poetry?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
MsD_Marie2U
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who/What Is Your Biggest Inspiration When Writing Poetry?

Post by MsD_Marie2U »

When writing Poetry my current mood is usually the topic. Current events. It’s a way of expressing things.
Brendawest
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Brendawest »

When I write poetry .
I get all up in my feelings , because to me the best poems come from the heart . I write about stuff that happened in my life .
Kaylee224

Post by Kaylee224 »

When I was in Junior High, my English teacher introduced us to Edgar Allen Poe. Of course while I was going trough the typical "emo" phase and I fell in love with his work. I loved how creepy and dark it was. Even now when I'm a grown up and not "emo" anymore, I still love his writings. ❤️
So in short, Edgar Allen Poe is my biggest inspiration when it comes to poetry!
Zuribooks
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zuribooks.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Zuribooks »

I use what its around me specially happy thoughts and feelings also i write about what happens to my friends too...
Brittanyyy

Post by Brittanyyy »

When I try to write poetry or write in general I think about my pain, what causes me to suffer, and why I let it control me. (For example: My depression or social anxiety.) Even though pain is what causes the deepest and heartfelt poems I still feel like they are all different because everyone suffers in their own way. Which causes their work to be so unique but also understanding.
ikoteo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ikoteo »

I find that I write when circumstances in my life either change for better or not. I write when I find that my circumstances have allowed me to grow in anyway. Inspiration comes from situations, emotions and my children. Lately my newfound faith has risen to the fore, and I enjoy having a wonderful hope to look forward to. It makes going through hardships a little bit easier.
swirlofink
Currently Reading: 'Rosie, Bara, Gerry & Tom'
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by swirlofink »

An inspiration for me is listening to Halsey. Her lyrics just make me motivated to write something amazing.
Francis Otoo

Post by Francis Otoo »

When I write poetry, I feel very great because poetry can be used to channel my inner feeling, advice people, expose wrong doings and my greatest inspiration I pick from prof. Kofi Awindor, a poet
malya3397

Post by malya3397 »

My biggest inspiration when writing poetry are my thoughts at the giving moment.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

The world around, my life situation, world situation. Also, small, everyday things that happen. Unimportant things. I just do it to get my thoughts out and don't really pay attention to the topic on my mind. After I'm done I forget about it quickly.
ajbracer
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters

Post by ajbracer »

When I write it may sound weird, but I'm taken to a place in my mind where so many emotions are out of control. You know when you feel a bottle to the top it overflows, well I have been overflowing with words my whole life. My emotions get the best of me on most days, but I feel as if I'm free when I have a pencil in my hand.
Tur turee
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Tur turee »

Mostly it comes from my own real life experiences and sometimes from the environment around me
Debbie Richards

Post by Debbie Richards »

My greatest inspirations is my family
Then life..things I see
Also my favorite artists
Sam Smith and Bruno Mars
Magz1975

Post by Magz1975 »

I'm inspired when writing a poetry by almost anything that surrounds me like the people in my life, community, environment and even relationships not just romantic relationships but in general amongst people! I always use poetry as my way of expression sometimes about what I had just gone through that very day or what emotions I'm having or my way of reaching out to people! I belief poetry is a freedom of expression and anything can be an inspiration it's just a matter of being able to stay connected to that inner part of yourself that allows you to talk about things in the most beautiful form of speech which is poetry!
Satisfi

Post by Satisfi »

When I write poetry what gets me is going through life and being in-love.

Return to “Poetry & Music”