Are you a songwriter?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Peters Ekene Eunice
Currently Reading: You Have A Brain
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Are you a songwriter?

Post by Peters Ekene Eunice »

Not really a song writer but have this burning passion for poetry. I can actually compose poem on any topic in an instant, it's just a thing of holding a pen and a paper and it flows from within just like that.
Wesono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesono.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Wesono »

I wish I could be a good song writer. I managed to write a song some time ago but I feel the lyrics are not good enough. I'm however a singer.
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

I'm always writing songs but I'm just not brave enough to let the world see it. I hope I can be brave like you one day.
Karen0823
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen0823.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Karen0823 »

In high school I used to go to a coffee shop and smoke cigarettes, drink coffee, and write song lyrics on napkins. Ah, those were the days. I feel like I had a couple of winners and my dream at the time was to become a musician. Well, that didn't pan out but I still find myself jotting down lyrics that pop into my head to this day. It's just a past time, similar to journaling for me. Just a way to get it out of my head what is in my heart.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Nick Rones
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nick-rones.html
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar

Post by Nick Rones »

I am a song writer, yes
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
Shen9
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shen9 »

Well I write songs almost every week. Sometimes I'll feel like writing a Hip Hop song other times I go RnB or I'll just fuse those with a Dance Hall I mainly write Reggea tho. You see it matters not where I am outdoors in bed on the corner with friends or just being in the studio. Just know if the mood is right I'll definitely write a song for sure. I have never sold a song tho.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I tried in high school and it was terrible, but I love watching and listening to others as they do so.

Return to “Poetry & Music”