Two words: The Beatles

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Two words: The Beatles

Post by Manang Muyang »

The Beatles represented an era and that era loved them. For me, their songs will live forever.
Maria joraimah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92854">The Zodiac Killer</a>
Currently Reading: Unbroken
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Maria joraimah »

Two words to describe The Beatles:

*Legend
*Influential
" HAPPINESS is finding PEACE within yourself! " :D
Preciosonic
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Preciosonic »

True words from my two oserens,Miriam and Maria
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua
TJ de Ocampo
Currently Reading: Fire in the Lake
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tj-de-ocampo.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by TJ de Ocampo »

Favorite songs are Across the Universe and Strawberry Fields! Favorite Beatle, I'm torn between George and John.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Preciosonic
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Preciosonic »

Happy New Month Guys
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua
JustEthel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JustEthel »

When I was a kid my parents loved to play The Beatles long play records. That's why I have grown to like them also. But my favorite album from them is Abbey Road. And my favorite songs by them are Oh! Darling and Here Comes The Sun. And I love John Lennon and Paul McCartney. There are songs by John Lennon that's a personal favorite of mine. Like Jealous Guy, Love, and Woman.
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

Two words: Love them! John's my favourite, Paul's a close second.
imSunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by imSunshine »

I liked that 'she loves you' song because it is very meaningful and true to life
eagermagic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eagermagic.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by eagermagic »

I have purposely tried to rebel against the universal worship of The Beetles. Mostly, it is because I am a contrarian. I have constructed some arguments, admittedly weak ones, for knocking them down a peg or two. However, there are several aspects of their work that cannot be challenged. As a cultural phenom, there are zero rivals. Like them, hate them, worship them: it simply does not matter. They are the first and foremost architects of late 20th-Century popular music. Also, the song writing is among the best of the entire 20th-Century, though I would emphasize not the unrivaled best. That is a well chosen phrase: "not the unrivaled best". It describes my main arguments against the unbridled worship of them. I have a fairly lengthen bit of reasoning behind this but I risk being tedious. To offer one aspect: amidst the classic tunes, there are some real stinkers, if only we can look at them with fresh eyes, or rather listen with fresh ears.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I love everything Beatles but I think my favourite song will always and forever be Come Together. I absolutely love the rhythms.
Art West
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-art-west.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Art West »

I haven't seen the movie "Let It Be", but I like all of their other movies. I'm not sure how I would feel about "Let It Be" based on what I have heard. It is my understanding that there is a lot of arguing and tension. You are watching the bad break up before your eyes. While that would be interesting to see, it would also be sad because The Beatles are the greatest band ever.

My favorite Beatles song is Strawberry Fields Forever, however, there are many great songs to choose from.

In my youth, John Lennon was my favorite but by the time I reached my mid-twenties it had shifted to Paul. Maybe I just got mellow or the fact that John was no longer around to make music influenced me. All four Beatles are/were great musicians and John, Paul and George were also terrific song writers.

My favorite album, as you might have guessed is Abbey Road.
books_andpoetri
Currently Reading: The Most Fun We Ever Had
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-andpoetri.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by books_andpoetri »

I can't choose just one song but my favorite Beatle is Paul.
Melina the reader
Currently Reading: A New Earth
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Melina the reader »

aldith wrote: 21 May 2017, 04:12 In the movie "I am Sam", it was mentioned there that they said George Harrison couldn't make a single song (?) but when he wrote "Here Comes the Sun", that became the most popular of all time. I am not sure about the validity of this but HCTS is my fave
I haven't seen that movie but the statement is definitely wrong. As you said he wrote here comes the sun and as far as I know he contributed at least one song on each album. Because John and Paul wouldn't really let him do much more George Harrison had a huge pile of songs that he released when the net solo. So he definitely write a lot of songs, some of which were used for the Beatles.

I only got into the Beatles recently as my boyfriend introduced me and there is still so much for me to discover about them. I haven't heard all songs yet some of my favourite songs so far are Eleanor Rigby, Nowhere man and Get back.
I am really fascinated by the chemistry they created and I think undoubtedly they are one of the greatest bands of all time. Of course taste is different to everybody but the impact they had on the world at that time goes far beyond music and I am not aware of any band that has accomplished that ever since.
I think the slightly raw sound makes their music unique to most of the modern music out there which in my opinion has lost the human touch to it. I think the lyrics are great and their music is very soulful.

I like all four of them but personally I have a weakness for John and also George because I think they had quite an understanding about the world, John in a rather cynical way and George in a more embracing way and an interest into spirituality. Both very different to each other but I feel a similar quality. That is at least from my understanding.
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

Oof, I don't think I can pinpoint a single favorite song. Off the top of my head:

In My Life
Here Comes the Sun
Nowhere Man
Something
Across the Universe
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

My parents loved the Beatles so I practically grew up on them. I love how unique the Yellow Submarine and Octopus Garden are.

Return to “Poetry & Music”