Two words: The Beatles

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
vamp666
Bookshelf Size: 0

Two words: The Beatles

Post by vamp666 »

Well I haven't seen anything on the Beatles so I thought I'd just go ahead and do it. What are your favorite songs by them and why? Or favorite movie? Like A Hard Day's Night or maybe Across the Universe... Or even your favorite Beatle. Like George- yes jelly beans! Those of you who stumbled upon this and think we're talking about bugs- Beetles- then you need to further your musical education.
vamp666

Post by vamp666 »

Well glad to see so many beatles fans out there! (That was using sarcasm)
pmaterial4

Post by pmaterial4 »

I'm a fan! They exist!

I actually just watched a Hard Day's Night on TV yesterday for the second time and fell in love with Ringo, for the second time. That is an AMAZING movie! Yellow Submarine is also magnificent.

Favorite Beatles songs though? That's tricky b/c they are all so revolutionary or beautiful or meaningful in their own way. But I've always liked "I'm so Tired." Also "Across the Universe" is my wake-up alarm song.

But trust me, there are TONS of Beatles fans out there haha maybe just not on this forum. But they are genius and untouchable/ uncomparable to anyone else in music, so people might not want to get into the whole Beatles thing because it's like talking about a touchy subject.
The Baron

Post by The Baron »

I love The Beatles, as for my favourite songs.. Strawberry Fields Forever, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Martha my Dear
macro01

Post by macro01 »

I'm also a fan of Beatles. I love all their songs
and my favorite is "I will", "A Beginning", "A Day in the Life"
"A Hard Day's Night" and of course "A World Without Love'.
DreamWeaver121
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
fav_author_id: 2907

Post by DreamWeaver121 »

WOOOOOOOH THE BEATLES ROCK lol
Life is not a bed of roses its a valley of thorns twisting and tearing into the strands of time. But, in the middle of every valley their is a river. If you find that river follow it. For it shall lead you to the sea. Then you will finally be free.
-MO
N

Post by N »

I recently found out about the awesomeness of the Beatles about 6 or 7 months ago and at the time I couldn't believe I hadn't gotten into them earlier.

I have a tough time deciding which song I love by them the most. Sgt. Pepper is a real good album, so most of my faves are on there. But if I had to pick my top two I'd say Strawberry Fields Forever and I am the Walrus.

(maybe Dear Prudence.)
alimena

Post by alimena »

they wer3 awesome <3

I like 2 sonsg the most :
Let it Be & Yellow Submarine
Moore

Post by Moore »

My favourite song by The Beatles is Yesterday. I think this is the best book of all times
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

I love The Beatles!! My favorites are "Here, There, And Everywhere," Lady Madonna" and "Eleanor Rigby".

And you know those wierd people that you see screaming music as loud as they can and banging their heads hysterically as they do it...thats me and my mom when "Yellow Submarine" comes on. I know..pathetic. We would apologize but its too much fun....
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
petkart

Post by petkart »

My favorite from them is Back in USSR.
ShipOfFools

Post by ShipOfFools »

I grew up loving The Beatles! 8) John is my favorite, although I'm also really partial to George, too. I enjoy all 4's (George, John, Paul, Ringo) music, though.

Choosing a favorite Beatles album? That's like choosing a favorite flavor of ice cream! However, I'd probably go with Revolver, or Abbey Road, Sgt. Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, and The White album as favorites.

Solo, some of my favorite albums:

John: Plastic Ono Band, Mind Games, Walls and Bridges, Double Fantasy
Paul: Back To The Egg, Band On The Run, McCartney, Ram, Flaming Pie, Memory Almost Full, Venus and Mars, Tug Of War
George: All Things Must Pass, Cloud Nine, Extra Texture, Somewhere In England, Thirty Three & 1/3
Ringo: Vertical Man, Old Wave, Time Takes Time, Choose Love, Y Not

I also really like Julian and Sean Lennon's music, particularly Julian's. His songs don't sound like his father, but his voice is dead on. I was lucky enough to see him live in concert in 1998, and he did a cover of some Beatles and solo John songs...was almost eerie, hearing that voice, like John was still living and in the room with us.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

vamp666 wrote:Well glad to see so many beatles fans out there! (That was using sarcasm)
You don't like beatles?
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

Perrywinkle47 wrote:
vamp666 wrote:Well glad to see so many beatles fans out there! (That was using sarcasm)
You don't like beatles?
No darling the sarcasm was that vamp666 had made the first post to find fans, and after 4 days no one had posted anything. He (she?) was being sarcastic: "Well glad to see so many beatles fans out there."
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
ShipOfFools

Post by ShipOfFools »

I'm a huge fan of the Beatles, got everything they've done, both with the band and solo. John and George are my favorites, but Paul is okay I guess, and Ringo is a lot of fun.

Return to “Poetry & Music”