Music For Studying?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Re: Music For Studying?

Post by crediblereading2 »

The only music that I listen to while studying, is silence.
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

It's really true when they say, "Different strokes for different folks". I know someone who couldn't study effectively unless her radio was blaring, and I know she's not the only one - this post proves it. Personally, I prefer peace and quiet when I'm studying. If there's any music, it has to be classical music - no lyrics, and very soft in the background.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

Playing music on the background without the lyrics works fine for me.
The preference depends on the individual and the level of his tolerance too.
Some music such as Rock can interfere with the rate of assimilation in some individuals. While others reader simply flow along.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Benji
Books are lovely.
Ana_Saints
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading: How to Dance with the Universe
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-saints.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Ana_Saints »

I don't have a particular music for studying, as long as it's a good track. But I am most likely to play songs that are new to me with a good vibe or those musics I don't know too well. So in that case I wouldn't waste my time singing along to the jam rather than studying.
Alex Hughes
Currently Reading: To stir a fae's passion
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-hughes.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Alex Hughes »

I can't study while listening to music. I
always end up listening to the lyrics and
getting distracted, although some people can.
Xancode
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

I used to do that. It was rock. hip hop or R&B but when I started dancing halfway through my mom told me to quit hurting myself. I switched over to softer music but kept falling asleep. I found this app that plays some soothing, yet not sleepy background tunes. It's really nice and keeps me focused and my memory a little more on point.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I'm not distracted by any music so long as there are no words. Otherwise it helps while studying or drawing or journaling.
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh
Lgs1089
Favorite Book: The Buried Secrets of Peonies
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Ink Spills
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lgs1089.html
Latest Review: Long Distance Flyer, G-EBFO. ISBN 978-1-78222-456-3 by Kenneth T Ward
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lgs1089 »

I normally have to be in a bubble of solitude and silence while I study, but if I happen to be in the mood for a little music I try to pick the stuff that is minimally stimulating. It's kind of like when you're trying to go to sleep but still want to have something playing in the background on the television.You're not going to pick something you've never seen because than you'd be up all night. I am normally all bubble, but my husband is not, and we met in the middle. I opt for The Beatles, Cat Stevens, Brett Dennen, and The Grateful Dead. I love classical, but I'm so sensitive to certain sensory triggers that I either have to have silence or something I've heard or seen multiple times.
L.G. Stewart
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." :wine:
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Classical all the way, for me, it helps you concentrate a lot better!
Jency Robert
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jency Robert »

I do not listen to music while studying because like you I am getting lost because of the lyrics. But when i am doing activities I listen to it to boost my energy.
Lutius
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Lutius »

The best song I listen to why studying is hip hop, most especially when am practicing mathematics
adoredenise

Post by adoredenise »

the best music to listen to while you study is soft music. when i listen to hype music ill forget what im doing be all in my zone and ill stop studying. now however if i listen to soft music ill be in my little zone taking the time to look at what im studying
shaeeraquel5

Post by shaeeraquel5 »

When I think of the best music to study to, I think of XXYYXX. This is artist(s) that make music to vibe to. This music can be found on Pandora, YouTube, Spotify, etc.
Himezo14

Post by Himezo14 »

When studying, listening to music is one good thing to help you concentrate, but only music with no lyrics, so preferably classical music or instrumentals because the lyrics will just be a distraction in concentration and words will just jumble in mind.
khall1395
Currently Reading: Jane Eyre
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by khall1395 »

It's more of a sound effect than music, but I found Hogwarts sound effects on Youtube. There, it can sound like I'm studying in the Hufflepuff common room or the Hogwarts library. Other times, I enjoy listening to the Harry Potter soundtrack.

Return to “Poetry & Music”