What Type of Music Do You Enjoy Listening to While Reading?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Namanya Gidion
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What Type of Music Do You Enjoy Listening to While Reading?

Post by Namanya Gidion »

I really enjoy country music when am reading a book and I was reading Romeo and Juliet book while listening to sacrifice by sir Elton Johns ,it was so amazing .
Emmanuel kanyika
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Emmanuel kanyika »

I enjoy listing to Gospel music while reading :techie-studyinggray: [amazon=][/amazon]
Sylstalon

Post by Sylstalon »

Really , I like music like crazy. And while I'm reading motivational books, I prefer to listen to Country music mainly of Son Williams
It's not easy to read while listening music but for me it's a good way to focus on what I'm reading at the moment without interruption from the environment like cars or noise of surrounding people.
olawalejoshua
Currently Reading:

Post by olawalejoshua »

i love listen to rapping,kanye west,wizkalifa,ace hood,dj khaled
alexpet

Post by alexpet »

i love chris brown,rick ross,meek mill,drake,tyga,tory lanez young m a
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

I really only listen to soundtracks to musicals. I used to listen to Top 40 and Country music, but I just don't find those as engaging anymore.
felliane 2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by felliane 2018 »

My hobbies like reading and writing were not complete without music playing in the background. I really love listening to the songs by hebe tien, spexial, Brett Young, Ed Sheeran, Rachelle Plattens and many more.Listening to music make my day complete.
Vanessa1234
Currently Reading: Too Like the Lightning
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Vanessa1234 »

I love reading and music! So when i'm reading books i usually play a very calm and light music. Which makes me relax and happy. I preffer to play classical music while reading.
Emeraldprincess

Post by Emeraldprincess »

Soft Classical arias and instrumental music makes reading enjoyable for me.
marxious101

Post by marxious101 »

I do like listening to music while reading books or article. In my phone I do have kpop music, some are ballad and some are upbeat. Everytime I read a book I always open my music library and create a playlist that suit to the book that I'm reading. Example, when it is a romance I prefer to listen "Inferiority Complex", while if its adventure I mostly listen to "Navillera" or " Time for the moon night". Sometimes I listen to the instrumental version of these songs so I can focus clearly.
Sarkoxy

Post by Sarkoxy »

I can understand that for some people listening to music while reading can be distracting but if the music is calm and sweet the it can automatically uprise the readers mood and due to this the reader may read even more than he planed to.
Emperor josephs
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Emperor josephs »

Adele and West Life songs.
Storm+
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storm.html
Latest Review: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future by Martha R. Bireda

Post by Storm+ »

I don't usually listen to music when I read, but when I do, it tends to be classical music. It makes it easier for me to focus.
Daviesmurf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Daviesmurf »

music does it everytime except when am reading, i can't just bring both to balance
EmeraldEyes8918
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by EmeraldEyes8918 »

Classical music such as Vivaldi, Chopin and Mozart, and usually involving just the piano or the violin. Orchestral pieces tend to be too distracting.

I also love listening to the Vitamin String Quartet, a four piece band who do classical covers of contemporary songs, which have been a feature of my reading and study playlists for years now.

Return to “Poetry & Music”