Does music help you write?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Re: Does music help you write?

Post by CaitlinGonya »

When I write I tend to do so with any kind of background noise. I especially like instrumental music. It doesn't matter what kind just as long as words aren't being used.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

I don't listen to music when I write. I want full concentration so I can extract every idea on my mind.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Jcsmynl
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jcsmynl »

Oh gosh. Music is honestly in my opinion the most helpful way of inspiring people to write. Music has a way of making you feel so many emotions, and nostalgia. It's so powerful that listening to a whole song through can give you images of so many things you could put on paper. It's magical. So i would say that yes, music helps me write a lot! Its super helpful and can really put inspiration into your head aswell as add a mood to your writing! I would suggest that you have your music on low volume though, seeing that if its too loud it could draw you away from your writing.
tmazonga
Currently Reading: Last Seen
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by tmazonga »

No, music helps me to enjoy other people`s writing.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

Songs with slow pace and filled with melody help me to write. Most of the times I play acoustic guitar versions of my favorite songs and then start writing. That helps my brain to concentrate on the work that I'm doing at that moment.
-R
Mahlonkinq19

Post by Mahlonkinq19 »

Music helps me in many of my writings generally i get ideas from meaningful musics
Emeka ikechukwu

Post by Emeka ikechukwu »

Music has made ma life good in so many areas in exeption of God i would say music such as highlife has brought a positive in me
Monique1

Post by Monique1 »

No music is for myself great for cleaning my home.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Of course. If the feeling that the musical theme evokes in me goes hand in hand with what I want to convey in my writing, I usually get an extra punch of inspiration. It's like watching a movie whose soundtrack adds more impact to a certain scene. Of course, the trick is knowing how to choose the song...
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Absolutely, it helps! I only write when I have a nice, subtle background music going. Relaxation or spa music is the most helpful with the creative juices.
natasha prince

Post by natasha prince »

Yap ,it does u can write my song using Music ,it help u think 😊😊
lnatfagaryunoa

Post by lnatfagaryunoa »

Musics can influence your mood. It is also varrying what kind of music you play but still, the effect of soundwaves as a music itself is accounted of deals significantly to the humans.
Pratu77

Post by Pratu77 »

I prefer music than quite place. It gives me idea to write.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I don't usually write with music playing. I get easily distracted and tend to drift off and daydream when there's music playing. However, if and when I do play music while writing (because occasionally I do) I'll play instrumental music. I'm less likely to get distracted by the lyrics since there aren't any. I love movie scores, in particular. Howard Shore and Danny Elfman are wonderful composers.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
african_icon

Post by african_icon »

Music helps me write because it gives me topics and determines my mood too. But while writing I prefer a quiet place so that I can reflect on what was in the topic I'm writing about.

Return to “Poetry & Music”