What kind of music do you listen to?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
lshabazz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Post by lshabazz »

My favorite genre is neo-soul. I find it very soothing and easy to understand and relate to. I also love jazz singing like Ella Fitzgerald, that particular era is so classy to me and shows how much the voice can do. I'm a fan of R&B, the 90s had the best R&B to me! That seemed to be the boy/girl group era. lots of our solo artists today came from those groups of the 90s. I aslo occasionally listen to oldies soul music like James Brown and Ray Charles, Arethat Franklin, and many more. I do like Reggae but don't listen to it as much. I Like the Carribean sound of drums and the different instruments they use.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

I would like to subscribe to the idea that music is the language of the soul. And as such, it may change as the soul changes. The soul also matures with the passage of time and life experiences. My preference for music may also vary, one, as influenced by my mood, and second, as dictated by the situation obtaining on a particular time. That is to say, my favorites from schooldays are no longer the music I have enjoyed at present time, and on different occasions.
Susan Karimi
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10">Things Fall Apart</a>
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Susan Karimi »

Raggae music is that kindah lyrics that takes me to and beyond space...its inspiring..inciting...it gets me thinking of any other music genre as cacophony. I love raggae music
Starrlibra
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Starrlibra »

Any kind of music will do provided it has a message and good beats.
Arushi Singh
Currently Reading: Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arushi-singh.html
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite

Post by Arushi Singh »

I listen to all variations of rock. Mainly, Alternative rock. Try Radiohead and Sigur Ros
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite
Megz
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megz.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose

Post by Megz »

The genre of music I listen to depends on my mood. The music I find my self drawn to the most is alternative, rock, and hip-hop. And for me to really like a song the lyrics have to mean something to me and the music needs to go along with the lyrics.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I love American folk and bluegrass: the Steeldrivers, Ryan Bingham, Turnpike Troubadours, Union Station. There is a lot of great old and new music in those genres.
Nessa zinny

Post by Nessa zinny »

my mood at times determines the kind of song I listen to. whenever I feel emotional I listen to Celine Dion and Adele songs
Farzeen
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Farzeen »

I don't have a particular genre that i listen to. I just like music that touches your soul, that makes you feel something, something you can relate to. Our gives you a new feel. I would give an example, Twentyone Pilots or Nirvana.
In short, I like music with meaning.
scholaramama

Post by scholaramama »

My love for music makes me listen to all music, because of the lyrics, however, my kind of music is Christian worship songs, and country music.
Shen9

Post by Shen9 »

I listen to just about anything as long as it sounds good to my ears all genres
Bookworm8097
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm8097.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Bookworm8097 »

🎶 I listen to a little bit of everything, I think every genre of music has a unique feel to it. The main types I tend to fall back on are rock and roll from the 80's and 90's, or classical music like Mozart or Beethoven. 🎶
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I listen to everything and anything. Right now I am obsessed with upbeat show tunes, and different soundtracks.
Allxndra_97

Post by Allxndra_97 »

I listen to anything that sounds good!! I dont care what language its in if I like it im gonna listen to it! But my fave genre is kpop! I’ve been a fan since 2011-2012 and its helped me open up to so many other types of music. :D
udomclementjames75
Currently Reading: The Poems of Robin R Rabii
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by udomclementjames75 »

I love listening to gospel music with anointed lyrics

Return to “Poetry & Music”