What kind of music do you listen to?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
StarsAtNight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Post by StarsAtNight »

Lg_99 wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 18:46 I usually listen to christian rock music. I like bands such as Skillet or A Thousand Foot Krutch. I find the genre to be uplifting. However, I do not have a specific/favorite music genre that I listen to.
Hi! Have you ever heard of A Thousand Foot Krutch's Be Somebody? Really meaningful rock song.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

StarsAtNight wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 22:58
Lg_99 wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 18:46 I usually listen to christian rock music. I like bands such as Skillet or A Thousand Foot Krutch. I find the genre to be uplifting. However, I do not have a specific/favorite music genre that I listen to.
Hi! Have you ever heard of A Thousand Foot Krutch's Be Somebody? Really meaningful rock song.
Hey! I have listened to the song. Actually, I used to have this huge obsession with it around two years ago. "Be Somebody" is really powerful and meaningful.
Sumaiya Mim
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sumaiya Mim »

I like soft music, :wink: kind of romantic and emotional one but not some depressing music :snooty: which makes me sad.. :eusa-think: ..thank you.
StarsAtNight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by StarsAtNight »

Lg_99 wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 00:42
StarsAtNight wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 22:58
Hey! I have listened to the song. Actually, I used to have this huge obsession with it around two years ago. "Be Somebody" is really powerful and meaningful.
I agree! Have you also heard Please Don't Go, by Joel Adams? (It's a gentler song but sort of Christian rock too).
Yung Senpai
Favorite Book: Lolita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Yung Senpai »

A bit of everything, mostly classical tho.
mosero
Currently Reading: Bud by the Grace of God
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosero.html
Latest Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Post by mosero »

If the music is good I'll listen, reguardless of the genre. Moods too play a big part of what i listen to. Overall I am big on Rn'B
LanieTaj
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lanietaj.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by LanieTaj »

I usually like ballad songs because it make me relaxed. Some of thos songs are emotional that always make me cry.
judyjoy92
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by judyjoy92 »

I listen to pop since they are short and simple and are often emotional and danceable.I love something I can dance to,so dancehall is still a catch for me.when am stressed out I'll just pick something soft that's why pop always works for me almost everytime.RnB is also a catch but just a few.I love a few hip hop songs but it depends on the artist.I'll always listen to my favorite artist's hit whether it's catchy or not
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Definitely Christian Rock. Especially Theocracy.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
writtenbetweenthelin
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by writtenbetweenthelin »

Well that is a good question and I am so bad anwering it. I love Grunge and Rock, especially 90s alternative, but I also do like some kinds of Indie pop, pop punk or pop in general...
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

Mostly electronic. I love anything that has a beat to it. I love modern sound.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
Essentially_Literate
Favorite Book: Beastly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essentially-literate.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Essentially_Literate »

I listen to a variety of music ranging from hard rock to country to rap to instrumental film scores. Each downloaded song on my iPod has a reason for being there. I have over 900 plus songs on it and I still add to it every once in awhile. I love hearing songs that carry unexpected emotion! For example, Can You Feel My Heart and Don't Go by Bring Me the Horizon from the rock genre. I Fall Apart by Post Malone is a really emotional song from the hip hip/rap genre. Aristotle and Averroes by Kareem Salama and Heaven by Kane Brown are great country songs! Just some random recommendations! :D
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

I listen primarily to Country Music. It started in 2000 when took a job on the road. I was driving over 200 miles per day, 4 days a week. I had been listening to a variety of music at the time, but found that pop music had too much base, which would give me headaches. I found dance music to have too much of a repetitive beat, and that rock music lyrics were too hard to understand that it drew away my concentration.
When I started to listen to country music, I discovered the poetry of the lyrics was soothing, and thereis such a variation of country types that I could be entertained while driving without suffering headaches or stress.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I just love country music. Who doesn't like Shania Twain?! :)
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
JB1812

Post by JB1812 »

This question required a short lyrics, simple answer, your mood at moment determine the music you listen to :lol:

Return to “Poetry & Music”