What kind of music do you listen to?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Post by BookHausJ »

A kind of music that would inspire me, guide me and lift my spirit. And that is a religious music. Like the music of Hillsong.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

I usually listen to christian rock music. I like bands such as Skillet or A Thousand Foot Krutch. I find the genre to be uplifting. However, I do not have a specific/favorite music genre that I listen to.
ruishigan
Currently Reading: Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by ruishigan »

I listen to a pretty wide variety of music. Classical, country, hip hop, pop, jazz... I seriously listen to it all. There are some genres I need to be in the mood for, though.
ebriana1112
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ebriana1112 »

I like Pop and ballad. It gives me good mood.
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

weeh84 wrote: 29 Jul 2016, 10:40 I listen to a bit of everything...I agree, it really depends on my mood. I mostly listen to alternative or modern folk music. One of my favorite bands *no longer together :( * was The Civil Wars. I don't listen to a lot of current pop music...some, but not a lot. I like to listen to a lot of newer bands or those trying to make it in music. I enjoy listening to people do a different rendition of a

current song...It is so cool how they can give a song a completely different feel to it.
I'm with ya on this! Depends on my mood and everything can fit the bill! Well, anything but heavy metal :)
Amystl26
Currently Reading:

Post by Amystl26 »

amy15 wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 16:13 I love to listen to almost any type of music. I like Latin, hip hop, RnB, country, rap,etc. Music helps me drown my thoughts and feel better. Sometimes I listen to sad songs like Trouble by Cage the Elephant. Overall music is amazing. :)
I had a friend who was really into Latin music and wpuld force it upon whilst driving in his car... haha, not too bad!
Amystl26
Currently Reading:

Post by Amystl26 »

I like anything from country to rap to alternative and classical :) depends on my mood and the setting!
BnotAfraid
Currently Reading: If Nuns Ruled the World
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by BnotAfraid »

Hello,

Music is the rescuer most of us seek. Right there with a wide range of likes to pursue, discovering new genres will help to ensure, life will always be an adventure!

My taste runs the gamete. From Ozzy Ozbourne to Simply Three. From Robert Cray to Friar Alessandro. Ray La Montagne to Nathaniel Rateliff, The Record Company to Dean Martin, Death Cab for Cutie to Johnny Cash. You get the idea.

I am also teaching myself to play the piano, currently I am working on major cords and rhythm.

I can just about play HOPE by Crowder.

Peace
Trina
OzichiO
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozichio.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by OzichiO »

I listen to a little bit of everything. I'm not really a music kind of person but when I feel like listening, anything with a good upbeat beat and okay lyrics is good enough for me.
ssinzzj

Post by ssinzzj »

I like Asian songs. doesn't mean I'm really biased about my nationality but I focused more on the beating of the song then next to the meaning of the song, It doesn't mean I don't like western I do like it but sometimes the lyrics don't fit really to the taste of mine. I do really love old songs :) Billy Joel and Mandy Moore are my favorite.
meekmeek

Post by meekmeek »

I listen to rap and old music
pinefamily
Currently Reading: Magician
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by pinefamily »

Like most of us seem to agree, music is very dependent on mood.
I have a wide taste in music, although my biggest favourites would be blues and 60's to 80's rock. Heavy metal, classical, and some music from around the world also occupy my music hard drive.
World music includes Celtic, Indian, Middle Eastern, and Spanish/Latin American.
BugsLife23

Post by BugsLife23 »

I like to listen to music that goes with my mood at the time. I listen to all different genres of music. R&B, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Gospel, Country,etc. Music makes you have a different perspective on different situations when listening to the right songs at the right time. Music is entertaining and makes you feel good, or sad when need be. Music is life because it brings out the life in you.
dorkdog76
Currently Reading: I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by dorkdog76 »

Music is a major part of my life and I play piano. I'm always listening to music through out the day while I'm cleaning or cooking. I like a mixed variety of music especially Tom Petty and Johnny Cash. I also listen to classical and try and learn it on the piano.
StarsAtNight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by StarsAtNight »

Mostly sad stuff; I've become someone who no longer finds joy in simplicity, but finds truth and emotion in sad, realistic music.
Some of my current favourites:
- How to Save a Life (The Fray)
- Lovesick Fool (The Cab)
- Just One Yesterday (Fallout Boy)
- Perfect (Hedley)

Return to “Poetry & Music”