The Music Thread

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Oyetopey17
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: The Music Thread

Post by Oyetopey17 »

I love mostly all genre of music most especially I love good sound so locally I listening to afro beats from artist like brymo ,joeboy and fireboy and
keiyoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keiyoshi.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by keiyoshi »

Wow, I never imagined this site to have a music forum too. This is a such a well-rounded community!
Abby Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abby-leonardo.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Abby Leonardo »

BTS - Stay Gold
AJ_Williams011
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aj-williams011.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by AJ_Williams011 »

I've just been listening to the Fine Line album of Harry Styles and it gives me this unique out-of-town kind of vibe. My favorite song among all is "Falling" 'cause it's just sooo good
All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm.
– Margo Roth Spiegelman in Paper Towns
Melina the reader
Currently Reading: A New Earth
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Melina the reader »

Just remembered another one:

I really love T-Rex lately - "Hot Love", "Ride A White Swan" and "We Love To Boogie" are great songs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGx7nrjn0ic

I used to be really into Tom Odell. My favourite song there was "Constellations".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnuUkl3Pzw0

And I think this is a very significant song in 2020: "Nobody Wants You To Be Free" by David William.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54NAG6gn5mI
Steven68

Post by Steven68 »

Have you ever listened to music in another language but you still appreciate it even if you don't understand it?
Art West
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-art-west.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Art West »

One of my all-time favorite bands is a Canadian band named Klaatu. They released 5 albums from 1976-81.

Since the first album had no pictures of the group on it and no names (all songs were credited as written by Klaatu) and the music sounded similar to The Beatles, someone started the rumor that it was The Beatles reunited under another name.

Klaatu was in London recording their second album when the rumor broke. Eventually someone did some simple research and discovered that it was not The Beatles and people became bitter about it. Their album sales and publicity dropped due to no fault of their own. They had nothing to do with the rumors and their music remained great. In fact their second album was nominated for a Juno (Canada's version of a Grammy) for the engineering.

Anyway, here is my all-time favorite Klaatu song, "A Routine Day".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWVeIVsjDrI
Excel 2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-2021.html
Latest Review: Trauma by Cynthia Fridsma

Post by Excel 2021 »

How time flies. I am posts of more 13 years ago and these songs which where the real deal then are now so old school.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Probably not your speed but I loved it. Andrea Bocelli, Ariana Grande

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SYtmvEI9U
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
nikechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikechi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by nikechi »

The song on my playlist right now is "Graves into Gardens" as performed by Koryn Hawthorne
Cynthia M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Cynthia M »

Wow, I can't say I've heard about most of the artists being mentioned here... I guess we do learn everyday
Mabs83k

Post by Mabs83k »

"Pure As Snow" is one of my favorite song by MONO
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Ive been on a tokusatsu kick lately, music from Japanese monster movies. Godzilla, Mothra, Ultraman and so on. Most of it is really great, especially from composers like Akira Ifukube who did the music for 1954 Godzilla and Michiru Oshima, a female composer who did the epic intense music for some of the Godzilla third series films and Toshoyuki Watanabe who did the awesome music for Rebirth Of Mothra. Also the Ultraman scores are among my favorites.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
k_leh1

Post by k_leh1 »

Bighuey wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 19:37 Ive been on a tokusatsu kick lately, music from Japanese monster movies. Godzilla, Mothra, Ultraman and so on. Most of it is really great, especially from composers like Akira Ifukube who did the music for 1954 Godzilla and Michiru Oshima, a female composer who did the epic intense music for some of the Godzilla third series films and Toshoyuki Watanabe who did the awesome music for Rebirth Of Mothra. Also the Ultraman scores are among my favorites.
oh, that's so great! Happy for you. This music is really something. I'd love to hear it live someday... but you know, without Godzilla devouring the city, huh
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

k_leh1 wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 22:52
Bighuey wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 19:37 Ive been on a tokusatsu kick lately, music from Japanese monster movies. Godzilla, Mothra, Ultraman and so on. Most of it is really great, especially from composers like Akira Ifukube who did the music for 1954 Godzilla and Michiru Oshima, a female composer who did the epic intense music for some of the Godzilla third series films and Toshoyuki Watanabe who did the awesome music for Rebirth Of Mothra. Also the Ultraman scores are among my favorites.
oh, that's so great! Happy for you. This music is really something. I'd love to hear it live someday... but you know, without Godzilla devouring the city, huh
I would like to hear it live too. You can find most of it on Youtube and some live performances also. My favorites are the Rebirth of Mothra which IMO is one of the best scores I have heard in any movie and the Ultraman symphony by the Japan Philharmonic Orch.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.

Return to “Poetry & Music”