The Music Thread

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Rapicon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: The Music Thread

Post by Rapicon »

I'm not really cool with music's like this but I kinda love this one :lol:
Rapicon
Currently Reading:

Post by Rapicon »

Never heard this accent but I love the flow its great
katiebugreads

Post by katiebugreads »

Just listened to "Hands on the Water" and it was so great! Didn't realize how talented Dan Avidan was as a singer even though I've been subscribed to Game Grumps for some time!
Rapicon
Currently Reading:

Post by Rapicon »

Not my style but its cool
EmeraldEyes8918
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by EmeraldEyes8918 »

katiebugreads wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 19:29 Just listened to "Hands on the Water" and it was so great! Didn't realize how talented Dan Avidan was as a singer even though I've been subscribed to Game Grumps for some time!
Hello fellow lovely! Amazing to find another Game Grumps fan, they seriously brighten my days without fail. :)

That's fantastic, thank you so much for listening! He did a few serious songs when he was younger with 'Skyhill' and another band called 'The Northern Hues', and expressed himself in a much different way than he does now with 'Ninja Sex Party' which is very much comedy and 80s rock influenced.

He is a wonderful singer, one of the best voices I've ever heard. :D
Ali hamza
Currently Reading:

Post by Ali hamza »

I thought there should be a new music thread. We're a week into March and apparently no one has bothered to create one, which is unexpected and sad in a way. The Giant Bomb community has introduced me to a number of great artists like Grimes for instance, so I hope this thread doesn't go ignored.
ReoTsun014
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ReoTsun014 »

I mostly crave for Japanese & Spanish songs. uwu
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Ive always been a big fan of Asian music, I heard one the other day, Burmese Harp from the Japanese movie of the same name by Akira Ifukube that was one of the most moving songs I have ever heard. Ifukube wrote many very moving melodies, Sacred Spring or Song Of Tragic Beauty, Requiem, and the sad ending theme from the first Godzilla movie.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Pizsic
Currently Reading:

Post by Pizsic »

I need to atleast discover one song per day that I have never heard of. Sometimes that one turns into ten, ha.
DATo

Post by DATo »

Most perfect live performance I have ever experienced in my life.

Setting: The 1999 Grammy Awards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbwwMz2okCk

When you get a standing ovation from an audience comprised of the titans of the music industry you must be doing something right.

/
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

The artist that I'd like to see live is Bruce Springsteen.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
SemitoneUp

Post by SemitoneUp »

Hello everyone. Recent to this site and excited to see it’s potential. Anyways, how’s everyone’s musical progression going lately? On your way to becoming an artisan or just looking to have a fun hobby to kick back to?
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt

Post by Bighuey »

I like most kinds of music, if I like a particular song it dosent matter to me what the genre is. I like everything from 1920's jazz to 30's and 40's big band to classic country and rock and rockabilly, hillbilly bop, Asian and kaiju and some classical altho I dont know much about it. I dont care much for heavy metal but a guilty pleasure favorite is Were Not Going To Take It by Twisted Sister.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
prayz_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by prayz_ »

Y'all should try Sam Smith
KateM234
Currently Reading: Betrayal in Blue
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katem234.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by KateM234 »

This is an awesome idea! There is such a vast amount of music in the world that it’s impossible to listen to it all - but it helps to have suggestions from other people! I listen to nearly everything, but here’s a suggestion if you like beautiful guitar instrumentals: Starry Night In Chicago by Saramsori (Duo)!

Enjoy! Cheers! :D

-Kate

Return to “Poetry & Music”