Favorite artist at the moment?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
IanYanny
Currently Reading: The Lovely Bones
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianyanny.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Re: Favorite artist at the moment?

Post by IanYanny »

Gichorabram wrote:Ed Sheeran.
Watching his live acoustic music video clips will make you realise how perfect Ed Sheeran's natural voice is.
With a guitar and a loop pedal mixer, Ed can put up a great solo performance. In his latest album ÷ (Devide),
the song "Eraser" shows how much of a good rapper Ed is as well. And you have to listen to "The A team", and "Photograph", great lyrics.
I agree! I also love Ed Sheeran. I currently play Divide on repeat and I love every song specially "Perfect", "Save Myself" and "Happier".
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Orang-U-Can
Currently Reading: Encephlatron
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Orang-U-Can »

Riverside; they are the band of the moment
Kat Kennedy
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-kennedy.html
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella

Post by Kat Kennedy »

I love Jason Isbell and I have tix to see him next week. I'm also getting into Sturgell Simpson, I like his cover of Nirvana's Bloom. Plus I write a blog on old blues, so I'm always checking out what's out there. Right now I'm obsessed with Beth Hart.
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella
Orang-U-Can
Currently Reading: Encephlatron
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Orang-U-Can »

Kat Kennedy wrote:I love Jason Isbell and I have tix to see him next week. I'm also getting into Sturgell Simpson, I like his cover of Nirvana's Bloom. Plus I write a blog on old blues, so I'm always checking out what's out there. Right now I'm obsessed with Beth Hart.
Are they all new, because I've never heard of any of them?
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

At the moment i am really into a Russian folk singer named Pelageya.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Amber Nichole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-nichole.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B01J6RPGKG

Post by Amber Nichole »

There are so many of these I haven't heard of! Maybe I'll have to check them out.

Mine is AFI. I've been a fan since I was about thirteen or fourteen; they're a band I can go without listening to for months or years and then just jump right back into again. I love that they continuously experiment with styles, and their performances are amazing. There's so much energy and they absolutely give 100%.
Rosey481
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rosey481 »

:D My favorite artist is Beyonce, her sounds are inspiring especially "Pretty Hurts". Because in life everyone wants to be pretty and goods all out to get the perfect hair, nails and clothes etc. Therefore women should know their worth and don't go by what others think about them. :D
cloud-oni
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by cloud-oni »

Hi. I'm a new member here. This topic rely caught my attention since there is no other people I can discuss with regards to the new artist that I'm really into right now. Their group name is Aqours. They are an all girls jpop group and I really like their songs although I can only understand some parts of the song without looking for the english translation. :)
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Gabyap
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Gabyap »

Coldplay always

-- 02 Nov 2017, 16:19 --

Fav group; Coldplay
Starrlibra
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Starrlibra »

Daughter
Donnex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Donnex »

I love Anderson paak. He blends soul with hip hop to give such a idiosyncratic sound with that old school vibe. He has a voice so distinct and that's what makes him curve a niche in the modern day polluted music industry.
Agenaton member
Currently Reading: Power of Now
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Agenaton member »

Chris Brown
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Kat Kennedy wrote:I love Jason Isbell and I have tix to see him next week. I'm also getting into Sturgell Simpson, I like his cover of Nirvana's Bloom. Plus I write a blog on old blues, so I'm always checking out what's out there. Right now I'm obsessed with Beth Hart.
I saw Jason Isbell with Chris Stapleton up by Washington DC last summer. My friends called me last minute with a free ticket! I also saw Drive By Truckers in DC, post Isbell. They were really great. I've been getting into Cody Jinks and Turnpike Troubadours recently.
Cynthia Shi
Currently Reading: Invisible Man
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Cynthia Shi »

It's hard to pick, but it's currently between Aquilo, Oh Wonder, and AURORA. If anyone has heard of ANY of these artists, please reply and let's talk about music together:)

Return to “Poetry & Music”