"Lost Boy" by Ruth B - Just heard it on radio... amazing!

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

"Lost Boy" by Ruth B - Just heard it on radio... amazing!

Post by Scott »

I heard this on the radio earlier today. I think it's amazing! :D
What do you folks think?

I can't believe I haven't heard it before! Why didn't anyone tell me about this song?! :lol:

I could definitely seem myself doing a ballroom dance showcase to this! What do you think? 8)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Lycaonia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lycaonia »

I've been listening to this song for months. I never was a huge Peter Pan fan, but this song always seems to strike a chord within me.
sullwyn39
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by sullwyn39 »

I finally listened to this!! I think it's awesome! I shazammed it so I could add it easily to my apple music! :) thanks for sharing!
AutumnPhillips
Favorite Author: Thomas Harris
fav_author_id: 2793

Post by AutumnPhillips »

As I (unfortunately) am a fan of the show "Once Upon A Time" (even though it's often quite terrible...), this song had a completely different meaning for me!
MsMartha
Currently Reading: Collected Works of Algernon Blackwood (Unabridged)
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmartha.html
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MsMartha »

I'm listening to this as I write a reply--I hadn't heard it before, either, but I'll be listening to it as frequently as possible. I love it!!
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
daniellexoxo425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniellexoxo425.html

Post by daniellexoxo425 »

She is coming to Red Hot and Boom in Altamonte Springs, Fl to preform for the 4th of July concert.
brendabowman89
Currently Reading: Les Miserables
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendabowman89.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by brendabowman89 »

I heard this song on the radio a couple of months ago last one night on the way home from work and I absolutely fell in love with it. My son loves it as well, and it is a very nice song for both of us to enjoy singing to in the car. I had already seen the movie Pan (which the singer said was her inspiration for writing this song) but I was disappointed that this song was not on the soundtrack because it would have been perfect for the movie. I was never much of a Peter Pan fan myself, but this song is very beautifully done as well as being fun and descriptive of how it would feel to be a part of the story and I have looked at the story from a new perspective just because of this song.
manatee glasses
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 659">don't call me ishmael</a>
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manatee-glasses.html

Post by manatee glasses »

Oh I love this song! This is one of those songs I would categorize as a "soul song". It's slower, but it tells a story and drives the message deep. :tiphat:
CameronJanssen1500
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cameronjanssen1500.html

Post by CameronJanssen1500 »

Amazing voice and girl but Im not a big fan of the song
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

This song is so good! The first time I listened to it, I had it on repeat for a week. I think it's incredible that this song means so much to me even though I don't really associate it much with Peter Pan. Have you listened to other songs by her, like Superficial Love?
My weekend is all booked!
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Post by psychopathycathy »

This song is beautiful - I've always been a fan of fairy tales and fantasy, and while there are stories about them, it's amazing to hear a story like Peter Pan referenced to as a song. Ruth B has the perfect voice for it and the song always strikes a chord in me.
Lonewolf92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lonewolf92.html

Post by Lonewolf92 »

I'm a huge fan of this song because it makes me think about how people get lost on their journey in life.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

Scott wrote:I heard this on the radio earlier today. I think it's amazing! :D
What do you folks think?

I can't believe I haven't heard it before! Why didn't anyone tell me about this song?! :lol:

I could definitely seem myself doing a ballroom dance showcase to this! What do you think? 8)
This song always catches my attention when it comes on the radio. It's very soft and catchy to sing along to. I thought it was from the movie, Pan, soundtrack but I realized it wasn't when I recently watched the movie.
Caroline--1997
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-1997.html

Post by Caroline--1997 »

This song is such a good mix of catchy and actual music to be perfect to listen to.

Return to “Poetry & Music”