Poem: My First Child

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
mixedchocolite
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mixedchocolite.html

Poem: My First Child

Post by mixedchocolite »

We all have a day where we find the one goal that tells us who we are. But you are more to me than a goal you are the life I have been growing inside me. Everything I have done has brought me to you. I have dreamed of you. I saw myself reading stories to you. When I’m in stores I see the things I’m going to buy you. It’s crazy how many things I want you to see. I have so much you can learn from me. I’m ready for the beautiful things you will show me. The big kid in me is ready for you to complete my family. The greatest gift and goal is you smiling at me.
Tammy Laster
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tammy Laster »

A short read but interesting but, I really think that first time moms are really nerves about becoming a parents. I can see how you must have planed for this child for a while. While you are day dreaming of telling stories and buying things for your first child most first parents are worried about how to support them and take care of them, like I said at the start it was short but, interesting.
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Sweetp120 »

I enjoyed this as I am a first time mother myself. It eels just like yesterday I had him when in reality its almost 11 months. I think I would have liked to maybe see you dedicate it to your first within the poem than just use "my first child" as the poem for example you could have put it in on the line - I have dreamed of you.- so it could have read - I have dreamed of you my sweet first born child.- or even in the last sentence you could have made it read - The greatest gift and goal is having you my first child smiling at me.- Just a thought if you decide to have write more poems for your child or any other children you decide to have. Thank you for the courage to share. I hope your dreams were all you dreamed of and more with your little one.
Ainesi20
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ainesi20 »

I like the poem but it’s not that great and could use some grammatical changes.
gemini77

Post by gemini77 »

i like it.but could you elaborate of about what are those beautiful things you would like your child to see. you might have mention examples of things. but overall it's good and i salute you as a mother who is loving a child inside her.
Chica2beauty

Post by Chica2beauty »

Becoming a mother is beautiful. A mothers love to there child is fragile. This peom is ok. It could use more emotion.
nooregano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nooregano.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Dirtbag waitress by Alice Auditore

Post by nooregano »

Thank you for sharing this with us! :D
"I speak only one language, and it is not my own." - Jacques Derrida
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66