The much needed release for the mind

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Rev T Wright
Bookshelf Size: 0

The much needed release for the mind

Post by Rev T Wright »

I started writting poetry after experiencing heartache. So far, I have learned that its best to let go instead of holding things in especially when it comes to matters of the heart. For me, poetry is a way to open up to people about things I find it hard to talk to others about. My first poem was written after I lost my first love.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I definitely agree about writing being a release for the mind. I know so many people who find comfort in being able to form their thoughts into a work of art instead of keeping it bottled inside.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Sweetp120 »

Agreed. I always went with the logic if it bothered me enough that it kept playing in my mind no matter what form to write it down. and to write it the way it was on my mind. there's always time to look at it after its wrote down and decide what it should or shouldn't be and whether grammar spelling and punctuation was all correct or whether it should be corrected at all. after all sometimes the uncorrected raw versions of what's wrote is really the best as its not just healing but a part of oneself.
imSunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by imSunshine »

That is sad to know that you got heart broken but it is normal..i hope it made you grow and i like that it made you write something

Return to “Poetry & Music”