Anyone into Kpop here?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
koreancat
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koreancat.html

Anyone into Kpop here?

Post by koreancat »

It seems there's not a lot of people in my area who are into Kpop, let alone know what it is. How about you guys one here? Who is your favorite band? Mine is currently VIXX and my bias is Leo hehe.
Airam Velarde
Favorite Author: Anne Rice
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2828">The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes</a>
Currently Reading: Complete Tales and Poems
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-airam-velarde.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
fav_author_id: 2444

Post by Airam Velarde »

Ah~ I like Kpop too! And it is really hard to find someone else who does. I, at least, haven't met someone where I live, who also likes Kpop. My favorite band is Super Junior, and I can't tell you my bias because I'm having mixed feelings about that right now. :D
"A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor."

~Victor Hugo
koreancat
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koreancat.html

Post by koreancat »

Haha awesome! Mine right now is VIXX and my bias is Leo. I'm completely in love with him lol
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I live in Japan and kpop is pretty big here. I personally don't know many groups, only Super Junior, but I really love them!

I used to have a student who would bring in CD cover booklets from boybands and ask me to choose which group member I liked the best. That was fun, though I didn't know who anyone was... 8)
Amii3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amii3.html

Post by Amii3 »

I had a phase where I was obsessed with Big Bang. T.O.P. has a drool worthy voice.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

I don't know any individuals! Actually, I don't know many groups either, but I know that I have NEVER heard a kpop song and thought it sounded terrible. They pretty much own music, imho.
WinterCandyMints
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wintercandymints.html

Post by WinterCandyMints »

Wow. Fantastic baby.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

Are you being sarcastic? 8)
AVK2913
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Blood and Gold
Bookshelf Size: 7
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by AVK2913 »

I really didn't think I would find a kpop thread on a book forum. . . I guess they're everywhere these days. :D I'm actually a huge fan of Super Junior! My bias is Kyuhyun or "Evil Oppa" as I call him. lol I also like listening to 2NE1, Big Bang, f(x), and Ailee.
A_Velarde23 wrote: I can't tell you my bias because I'm having mixed feelings about that right now. :D
Oh someone ruined your biased list, didn't they??? :wink:
ALynnPowers wrote:I live in Japan and kpop is pretty big here. I personally don't know many groups, only Super Junior, but I really love them!
You're very lucky being in Japan and so close to them, I'm all the way in the US. :cry:
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

ALynnPowers wrote:I live in Japan and kpop is pretty big here. I personally don't know many groups, only Super Junior, but I really love them!
You're very lucky being in Japan and so close to them, I'm all the way in the US. :cry:[/quote]

I didn't know anything about Kpop before I came to Japan. I was all surprised when it started getting bigger a few years ago. I'm still stuck on Super Junior though! I think I will go listen to them right now. I know none of the members though... I'm a terrible fan! :shock:
Airam Velarde
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2828">The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes</a>

Post by Airam Velarde »

Oh my gosh, Evil Oppa :lol: yes that certainly fits him! And yes, someone did indeed ruin my list. Well to be honest I only had one bias before but with this recent comeback, new feelings started surfacing. :oops:
"A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor."

~Victor Hugo
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

A_Velarde23 wrote:Oh my gosh, Evil Oppa :lol: yes that certainly fits him! And yes, someone did indeed ruin my list. Well to be honest I only had one bias before but with this recent comeback, new feelings started surfacing. :oops:
Now I am curious. Why do they call him Evil Oppa?
Airam Velarde

Post by Airam Velarde »

ALynnPowers wrote:
A_Velarde23 wrote:Oh my gosh, Evil Oppa :lol: yes that certainly fits him! And yes, someone did indeed ruin my list. Well to be honest I only had one bias before but with this recent comeback, new feelings started surfacing. :oops:

He's referred to as evil because of his sharp tongue and mischievous nature. :P He teases everyone a lot and is always making some sort of witty comment. Also his remarks are usually aimed at the older members of the group, and you know in Korea you're supposed to be very respectful towards those older than you. So there you go, a little intro. :) Oooh, also, he may be devilish but he has an angelic voice. If you haven't already, go listen to one of his solos! :mrgreen:

~Victor Hugo
AVK2913
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Blood and Gold
Bookshelf Size: 7
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by AVK2913 »

A_Velarde23 wrote: Oooh, also, he may be devilish but he has an angelic voice. If you haven't already, go listen to one of his solos! :mrgreen:
Ahhhhhh, I'm absolutely in love with his voice!!! :oops: Have you heard At Gwanghwamun yet?? It's perfect!^^
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

A_Velarde23 wrote:
ALynnPowers wrote:

He's referred to as evil because of his sharp tongue and mischievous nature. :P He teases everyone a lot and is always making some sort of witty comment. Also his remarks are usually aimed at the older members of the group, and you know in Korea you're supposed to be very respectful towards those older than you. So there you go, a little intro. :) Oooh, also, he may be devilish but he has an angelic voice. If you haven't already, go listen to one of his solos! :mrgreen:
That's funny! I looked him up. He's adorable! And kind of looks like the type of guy who would tease his sempai! I don't know how to say sempai in Korean. Hahaha.

Return to “Poetry & Music”