Anyone into Kpop here?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Ariya
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariya.html

Re: Anyone into Kpop here?

Post by Ariya »

I love Kpop! My favorite band is Beast. BigBang is also great!
eggiekyu15
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by eggiekyu15 »

Kpop is my life. Kpop is my source of happiness. I. Am. Kpop. kekeke. Now if only I could actually sing and dance...

AVK2913 wrote:I really didn't think I would find a kpop thread on a book forum. . . I guess they're everywhere these days. :D I'm actually a huge fan of Super Junior! My bias is Kyuhyun or "Evil Oppa" as I call him. lol I also like listening to 2NE1, Big Bang, f(x), and Ailee.
GASP. Super Junior is my favorite as well. And of course my bias/future husband... *cough cough* is Kyuhyunnie oppa, as you can see from my forum name. xD Ailee is love, Ailee is life. I love her as well. She's my favorite female vocalist.
Jenie
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenie.html
Latest Review: "Barnaby and Clare" by Derrick Alexander

Post by Jenie »

Ahh.. I love Kpop.. My favorite boy groups are BigBang and Exo.. 2Nei1 is my favorite girl group. Kpop never disappoints me, the color, the lights, the quality of their songs and videos keep me addicted to them. The whole glamor of Kpop is part of what keeps me a devoted fan.
The Greatness of a man is in the quality of his personality and in the effectiveness of his influence ~ Chris O.
Latest Review: "Barnaby and Clare" by Derrick Alexander
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I could totally go for some new Kpop right now. I love the bouncy, dancy quality to it. Not slow songs though. Any recommendations (I prefer male voices, which is just a weird thing I have going for me)
Gustavsson
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gustavsson.html

Post by Gustavsson »

Ah, I've been wanting to try out Kpop for a long time. I can use this forum for suggestions as to bands and such. Thanks guys.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

Gustavsson wrote:Ah, I've been wanting to try out Kpop for a long time. I can use this forum for suggestions as to bands and such. Thanks guys.
2NE1 is supposed to be pretty good, I've heard.
NateStewart
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NateStewart »

My friend who is half Korean/half European got me into it. I love great singers, so she started me off with Fly to the Sky, SHINee, Zion T., TVXQ, 2NE1, and a few other groups. On my own I like Crush, Jay Park, B.A.P., and others.

-- 01 Feb 2015, 19:32 --

My friend who is half Korean/half European got me into it. I love great singers, so she started me off with Fly to the Sky, SHINee, Zion T., TVXQ, 2NE1, and a few other groups. On my own I like Crush, Jay Park, B.A.P., and others.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

Ariya wrote:I love Kpop! My favorite band is Beast. BigBang is also great!
I remember Beast! I kind of forgot about them until now!!

:oops:
Lisalovecraft
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalovecraft.html
Latest Review: "A Devil of a Time" by Gretchen Jeannette

Post by Lisalovecraft »

I have wanted to look into Kpop and Jpop but didn't know anyone else who liked it. Also it seems difficult to find. Maybe I'll try a few band suggestions from this list!
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

Lisalovecraft wrote:I have wanted to look into Kpop and Jpop but didn't know anyone else who liked it. Also it seems difficult to find. Maybe I'll try a few band suggestions from this list!
I live in Japan so I get to experience Jpop firsthand! I guess the default to like here is Arashi. :)
Or other Johnny's groups. :D I'm not a big fan of girl groups though, so I don't have any recommendations in that area. Sorry! 8)
Gustavsson
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gustavsson.html

Post by Gustavsson »

ALynnPowers wrote:
Gustavsson wrote:Ah, I've been wanting to try out Kpop for a long time. I can use this forum for suggestions as to bands and such. Thanks guys.
2NE1 is supposed to be pretty good, I've heard.
Thanks. I guess I'll try them out first. (After reading this thread, I never actually got around to doing anything about it. I will now try to motivate myself.)
Lisalovecraft

Post by Lisalovecraft »

ALynnPowers wrote: I live in Japan so I get to experience Jpop firsthand! I guess the default to like here is Arashi. :)
Or other Johnny's groups. :D I'm not a big fan of girl groups though, so I don't have any recommendations in that area. Sorry! 8)
Just looked them up, their picture is so cute! I don't know why, but pop culture in other countries is so fascinating!!
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

Lisalovecraft wrote:
ALynnPowers wrote: I live in Japan so I get to experience Jpop firsthand! I guess the default to like here is Arashi. :)
Just looked them up, their picture is so cute! I don't know why, but pop culture in other countries is so fascinating!!
I really got into their TV shows. It's actually how I discovered their music. Sometimes you can find episodes with English subtitles on youtube. I recommend "vs Arashi" -- also written like VS嵐

It's like a game show where celebrity guests come on and compete against the group in some sports/games. It looks like fun and I really want to play the game.
Lisalovecraft

Post by Lisalovecraft »

Thanks, I will have to check that out!
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I'm not really into but I've actually seen a lot about it. The fan base for it on twitter is actually quite large so I always end up seeing someone tweeting about it.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Return to “Poetry & Music”